“A home from home.”

Ranked #29 of 121 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The warm, cosy atmosphere and ever friendly staff define Ilfracombe's oldest and finest pub. The traditional long bar offers perfectly condutuoned beers, a fine range of malt whiskeys, many different spirits and good wines. For the hungry, there is a wide ranging menu to suit all tastes.The home made soups are delicious, the steaks mouth watering, the roast chicken great value for money and the home made lassagne and curry freshly prepared. I have eaten here many times and highly recommend it. Children and dogs are welcome. If you are around on a Tuesday evening, the landlord hosts a charity quiz raising money for local causes but it's very popular so if you dont want to stand at the bar, book a table..

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Even though the pub was old and cosy and the beer was ok
This review is about the food me and my wife went in for a bite to eat about 830pm Thursday night
So no to busy, wife had surf and turf me chilli con carni
Price £14.95 surfs and turf
8.95 for the chilli
4 bits of scampi and 2 bits of rump a few chips and a bit of salad ,, real value £4
Chilli sauce that my 5 year old could have made better and I kid you not 5 kidney beans ,,,real value £1
Ok my wife's did taste nice ,
But mine was really bad

2  Thank Bernard1000000
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We felt like we stepped back in time when we entered this pub...in a good way. My husbands parents and grandparents went to this pub regularly and talked about it often so we positively had to come see it or ourselves. We weren't disappointed. It was a warm and friendly stop on a cool windy evening in Ilfracombe. We would definitely return!!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

A very nice old pub in lovely Fore Street. Warm and friendly and the food is very nice. Gets very busy at night so if you need a seat its best to go early. Nice pleasant cool lunchtimes when you can get a very pleasant lunchtime snack or more. Plenty of good beers .

1  Thank linds190819
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great price of drinks a wide range of ales, food was lovely and well presented. Traditional pub food. Toilets were clean, and had great atmosphere!