“Good experience.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel(Carlton)as we wanted to eat out. Ilfracombe was quiet in May ,however the restaurant was quite busy with a nice buzz and ambience about the place. The location is first class and inside was bright and cosy.The staff were friendly and attentive and welcoming. We enjoyed our fish dishes which were both tasty and of good proportions. Indeed we had a most enjoyable experience and had value for money.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant sits right on the harbourside and is the perfect location for watching the world go by. The restaurant itself looks very cosy and inviting on those cold, wet summer days. The service was really good. The staff were friendly and attentive. The portion sizes were really good too, although the quality was nothing to shout about. It was nice but not outstanding. That said it was well priced and I was pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived. I'd certainly eat here again if we were in the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

A little disappointed with the quality of the food, we paid top price for the lobster with was "ok". At £25 per head just for the main meal I would have expected it to be much better, it could have been a lot fresher! The service was ok up until our bill was pushed upon us just after we had finished! I had the feeling they didn't really want our custom and were in a hurry to clear the restaurant? I can completely understand that the restaurant staff want to pack up and leave but when you pay top price for a meal you expect top quality and good service too! I hope the restaurant takes on board any comments as it has the potential to be a lovely place in a fantastic location, it just needs a little attention to detail.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant was really inviting from the outside in a perfect location on the harbour. Its a shame as soon as you sit down to eat the nightmare begins. The staff were poor and the menu was extensive with a range of foods not the mainly seafood option we were expecting given the location. The SEAFOOD STARTER WAS COLD AND GRITTY. But it gets better. Our mains arrived. A pie where the filling had come straight out of a value tin in lidl down the road, Same goes for the lamb shank. If i'd have wanted a ready meal i couldve easily gone in the supermarket myself and saved my money instead of giving it to people who are only interested in how much profit they can make. This place could be a goldmine its a shame the owners have no vision. Steer clear of this place if you want an edible meal

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Lovely little restaurant. Absolutely spotless.Many curiosities around.
Staff were friendly but the food was very mediocre. Nothing freshly prepared.
I ordered fish pie which in all fairness was tasty but didn't contain much fish'
My husband ordered the fish platter which turned out to be pieces of shaped battered fish like you would buy in a supermarket.
Would return for a snack but not for a proper meal.