Mullacott Farm
Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel(Ilfracombe)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Beachfront
The Osborne Hotel(Ilfracombe)
$93
  • Restaurant
All reviewsswallow barnconverted barnb blundy islandexcellent breakfasta family run businessexcellent showerowners were friendlycycle ridefull englishthe perfect place to stayleave the carwould stay againgood sizecomfortable bedsroom was largestayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a lovely peaceful, quiet B&B, despite being a stone's throw from the main road into Ilfracombe. The room was clean, well-appointed and spacious and the welcome friendly.

I can't recall having a better night's sleep in any B&B I've stayed in.

Breakfast was tasty and plentiful and the lady who served it was helpful and friendly.

We only stayed one night as I was collecting my husband from a cycling trip and it was a convenient staging point, but it's well worth a longer stay some time if the occasion arises.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and two daughters for three nights in August. The room we had was number 2 and it was spacious and very comfortable with a large patio area to rear. The cooked breakfasts were fantastic, (I bought some of the sausages they make to take home with me they were so good) and it was very enjoyable chatting to Caroline every morning. She and Alison and Adrian are very warm, down to earth people who obviously enjoy running a working farm and providing accommodation of a high standard. My daughter took advantage of the stables next door and enjoyed some horse riding. The farm is very easy to find, yards from the main road into Ilfracombe, which is five minutes drive down the hill. I do not understand the odd bad review on here. Whether people expect a five star hotel I'm not sure. Mullacott Farm isn't that, but it is five star farmhouse accommodation. I thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at the B&B for one night on the 13 September 2013 before heading to Lundy Island the next morning. We received a warm welcome despite arriving later than intended due to traffic and weather. The accommodation was very clean, very homely and spacious. All our needs were catered for. Booking was made over the phone and was very easy. Excellent value for money. The owners are very knowledgeable about the area and the process for getting to the ferry etc. We were able to leave our car safely parked at the farm whilst on Lundy island...a real bonus. The breakfast...full English.... scrummy and healthy....with great service and good conversation. Would certainly stay again if in the area. Although we didn't partake...the farm had a range of activities to keep families entertained and engaged.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night and it was a shame. We were on our way from Bath to Cornwall and needed a half way point. On arrival we were greeted by an uninterested youth whom didn't seem enthused that people had arrived but once we met the owner and was shown to our rooms it was perfect. The room we stayed in had an adjourning room attached with a door in between. It was perfect for us as we were travelling with our parents and our son could walk in between rooms without walking into the hallway.

The farm was great for him to see and pat the animals. In the morning we had a choice of a hot or cold breakfast. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his bacon and eggs.

the farm was a bit of a drive to the closet town but it was all easy to get to and find. We definitely could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Domenica2
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed for just the 1 night as we had stayed for 2 nights at a hotel in Ilfracombe and wanted to extend our holiday slightly. This is a lovely place; we stayed in room 6 which is on the first floor. The beds were very comfortable and my two children really enjoyed exploring the farm. The breakfast was delicious and the hosts were very welcoming. I would definitely recommend it !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family