“Great value and very friendly service”

The Ilfracombe Fryer
Ranked #56 of 122 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An 80 seater restaurant & take away business located on the promenade with views out over the Bristol channel and only 2 minutes walk from the Landmark Theatre & car park.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Popped in whilst on a weeks holiday in North Devon and we had a great meal. Particularly great value for children - £4 for fish, chips and beans with ice cream dessert. Good quality fish and chips!

1  Thank Damo_M_G

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I went on holiday to Ilfracombe with my fiancée and family last year, this was the 3rd restaurant we went to and was truly the best fish and chips I've had, everything was freash on the day, hand cut chips and the most friendliest staff you could think of, we ended up going back 3 more times,
Defiantly a must

1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Today 5th March 2013 my wife and I travelled from Great Torrington to have lunch at The Ilfracombe Fryer which is situated on the Promenade. The fried fish was the best I have tasted, once we had order the fish was freshly cooked with a battered that was very crispy, the chips were hand cut, not like the frozen chips you would normally get from a Fish and Chip Shop. You could not fault the staff the chef welcome us on arrival and although the waitress was very busy she made our lunch very pleasant with a warm friendly service.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Considering it was a wet and windy half term with intermittent sun I thought that it would be a good idea to show my daughter how we used to holiday in the UK and the little treats we thought were the "Ritz" of our time. I found whilst wondering through Ilfracombe the most amazing fish and chip shop where you could eat your meal inside as well as do the takeaway option. Everything I remember from my childhood days was still there the white crockery (better condition than in my childhood, but all adds to the wonderful memories) along with the best ever tasting fish and chips I can ever remember.... would definitely visit again -in fact have planned for the next half term to be down that way based on this restaurant alone!... Would recommend you try, service was fantastic so was the atmosphere.

1  Thank Tammy J
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Drove to Ilfracombe to visit Verity on a very cold, dark, snowy day and apart from one other person, we were the only family in the car park where Verity stands which was great as we had her to ourselves and wanted to before all the crowds descend in the Spring/Summer. Decided we would have lunch but Ilfracombe down by the harbour is pretty much closed for the winter and so we drove along and found this place pretty much opposite the Landmark Theatre. Spotlessly clean, warm, welcoming, husband has intolerances and they accommodated with a gorgeous grilled Haddock and chips, daughter loved her sausages and chips and my Haddock and chips was a huge portion and the mushy peas were great. The service was excellent, with a smile and the atmosphere was lovely. The price was excellent and we will be back again with family and friends when they come to visit and we want to show them Verity. A wonderful find for us and open all year round.

2  Thank nnkennaugh