“fabulous food”

Ranked #13 of 120 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Great food, friendly atmosphere. Book to go again the following night. Good value and dogs allowed. Thoroughly recommend this establishment.

1  Thank 974steph
There are newer reviews for Hele Billy's Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed August 25, 2014

had a cople of good meals here and dogs are welcome in the ba area whereyou can eat from the restrurant menu

1  Thank loriane043
Reviewed August 24, 2014

If you love Stilton....you will love the first course starter Stilton Pot....I had this on the Saturday evening and my future husband to be was so peeevvveeeddd... he didn't choose this himself, he booked for Sunday Lunch.....Again Sunday Lunch was delightful. Myself, I had the deep fried Brie.... I told the waitress...."tell the Chef....it was to die for"....she looked at me....so I said "No...you must tell the chef... it was to die for""...which she laughed at. When she returned later to ask us if we required desert...I said "did you tell the Chef?" she laughed and said..."Yes, he replied...I know!!!"....LOL....Course he would know!!!...I frequent a lot of restaurant and have never tasted deep fried Brie like it!!!....Battered in his own batter. Hhaaa the whole experience was a real pleasure. We sat in the little bay window, amongst other guest as it was a very busy but pleasurable environment. Lovely extensive menu...if you love Fish courses you would be in your element. We are definitely going to be going back.....that says it all in a Review....doesn't it? - Thanks to all the Staff and Barbra!!

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my husband and 2 year old daughter. Standard kids menu, but adult menu had a lot of variety. Both mine and my husbands meal was lovely and my daughter ate plenty of hers to so must have been good, she even managed to eat a whole adult size dessert to herself even though she was meant to share it with her dad! I had a lovely treacle tart dessert. Obviously a busy restaurant as they were turning people away as fully booked up for several nights in advance. Down side was that the interior could do with an update. Also we were seated next to a large party of 17/18 year olds celebrating a birthday, they were reasonably well behaved but there were several swear words that I did hear and didn't appreciate my 2 year old hearing them, think staff could have been mindful and seated us elsewhere. But overall a lovely meal and an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Great place, fab food, loads of fish dishes to choose from, kids menu was varied & they do an early bird cheaper option if you go before 6pm.