“Nice!”
Review of Tunnels Beaches

Tunnels Beaches
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lovely beaches and nice staff. The pool was lovely and the water was so clear! The only thing I would moan about is having to pay to go on a beach.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"sunny day"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We attended Tunnel Beaches for our friends civil wedding. The setting was beautiful with a private beach to go down to during the day. The food was outstanding being cooked in front of you. Outdoor BBQ, fresh fish and salads were chosen by the bride and groom. Bar prices were as you'd expect and the scenery and sun setting over the venue made this truly magical and nothing I have ever seen in this country. Well worth recommending for a UK beach wedding theme.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Didn't like anything about it to be honest. Awful beach, rip off cafe - very little in the way of food the day we visited and very over priced for what turned out to be the most awful sausage roll and pasty we had ever eaten!!

3  Thank AuntieChris54
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were recently recomended to visit the tunnels by a good friend, I'll be honest having lived in North Devon for 43 years a visit to Ilfracombe is not my first choice. However on arrival we were warmly greeted at the kiosk and enjoyed a bit if banter and then decided to firstly have a bite of lunch. The staff were excellent, very friendly, helpful and engaging. Our food arrived which was excellent, a moment of a lapse in our concentration resulted in a seagul stealing one of my daughters sandwiches, of course this is no fault of the venue, however we were promptly offered a replacement right away. On the way down to the beach I picked up deck chairs and paid a very charming young lady in the shop. The beach was very clean and even had a life guard, something some other privately owned, potentialy far more dangerous beaches choose not to have. If I wanted to go the the beach for the day then perhaps not my first choice but in my opinion a perfect place for a bite of lunch followed by 2 or 3 hrs on the beach. We will be back soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A friend is getting married here in a few weeks, so while there we thought we would check it out. Wow. Impressed. An old man made tunnel leads you into the dark, and along until it opens out.
A bit of a private beach...grey shale sand and pebbles.

One half was shut, but that was ok. A wedding was going on...a bit of a theme I think.

The best bit (apart from the view) was the Victorian pool. Because the rocks are defensive and not the best to get to the sea...the Victorians scooped a pool out that gets left full of water when the tide goes out. Very very awesome.

All round excellent afternoon. O ly downside is the very small fee. Only £2.50 each, but still...it's a BEACH!! But that's just me I suppose. The niceness wipes my gripe away. Ha ha. What a sentence!!!

2  Thank Bumpyfunk

Been to Tunnels Beaches? Share your experiences!