“Wandreful”

Rainbow Ridge Guest House
Ranked #29 of 52 Ilfracombe B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed in this B&B over Easter, again, and I will be coming back!!!
Hospitality is absolutely excellent, as last time I stayed there.
This is a family run place, all the warmth is there.
Very clean, comfortable and snug!
If you want something special for a breakfast, not on the menu, let the owners know before, they have been so accommodating to my dietary needs.
Had a best breakfast in any B&B!!!!

Room Tip: Very bust on Bank holidays, you need to book in advance!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a wonderful experience we have just had!

Our parents live in Ilfracombe and we have stayed in many of the hotels in the area, how have we missed this one! This has to be not only the best hotel in Ilfracombe, but the best hotel we have stayed in for a long time.

The room was excellent, the best night sleep we have had in a long time. We where left to come and go as we pleased, but was always aware we could contact the owners at any time if we needed assistance.

The rooms where beautiful and very very clean. Very homely too.

Breakfast... WOW!!!! Again amazing! A HUGE selection of both hot and cold! We where spoilt for choice but I eventually opted for scrambled eggs with smoked salmon! My husband chose eggs, beans and sausage. We both loved every mouthful. Orange juice and endless supplies of tea and coffee where offered.

The owners came and joined the room at breakfast which was lovely as they are really nice genuine people with a funny tale or two and great conversation. All the guests chatted with each other and made the morning really enjoyable.

Nothing was to much trouble. We will make this a regular hotel from now onwards as the personal touch was great.

Our mother was poorly so had a lot on our minds, but was great to not have to worry about accomodation.

Can not express how impressed we where with our stay. Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome.

Rachel and Christian Cooper

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank Rachelandchrist... C
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rainbow Ridge had everything we could wish for in a Bed and Breakfast......a comfortable and extremely clean bed and bedroom and an amazing breakfast to set us on the way!

We stayed in the Victorian room and though it was beautiful.

The owners took the time to come in after breakfast and chat to the guests which was lovely and the breakfast was one of the nicest I have had in a long time....No grease, PERFECT tomatoes (how did you do them..email me!), and clearly high price sausage and bacon

We were in the area for 1 night looking for a static caravan to buy which we did buy that very afternoon and on the drive back my partner sadly said "What a shame we will never get to stay there again as now have our own home in the area!"

Wonderful place, wonderful people and outstanding value. Thank you Rainbow Ridge

Room Tip: We stayed in Victorian Room (6) which was lovely but also peeked into the twin and four poster room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was a very short but sweet stay for me.
Upon reading the reviews after staying at Rainbow Ridge I feel awful that the 'terrible' reviews have been written, it really isn't fair and upon reading the reasons for the 'terrible' reviews, one does think 'get a life' - This hotel makes no pretenses on being a Hilton or luxury accommodation, at the end of the day you pay for what you get + excellent service and peace and quiet.
The breakfast menu is outstanding for the size, the fresh fruit etc before looking at the main menu was lovely. I had to dash and the owner was lovely enough to quickly make me a bacon sarnie for my travels, really thoughtful. I slept really well in Room 9 (single room) The bathroom does have a toilet macerator but i'm used to this and it only makes a noise for a minute. I couldn't fault the room. I will definitely return, thank you for making my stay so pleasant :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Blue_Ahoy
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed in room 11 - family room on the top floor. Excellent sized room but tiny shower room. Room was very pleasant and quiet at night, road noise in the morning but we did have the window open and we were not woken by it. The shower was weak but once it reached temperature it stayed constant.

Everywhere was very clean and well presented.

There was an excellent breakfast selection, sausages not to my taste but everything else was good. Poached eggs were lovely.

Keith & Louise were very professional but also friendly. They we also very accommodating of our late arrival.

I would stay again and recommend to friends. For the price it was very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This B+B is located about 10 mins away from the centre of Ilfracombe, so is a little further than most other facilities in the area.

There are a number of B+Bs in Ilfracombe so this B+B does have some competition.

On arrival, our hosts were very friendly and welcoming, helping carry luggage to our room and made us feel comfortable.

We had a family room on the top floor. This was fairly quiet (a little road noise). The room was fine for two people but much too small with a little kid as well if you do choose it for this reason. The positioning of the sink means that you would keep him/her awake - so be aware of this.

The room was decorated fine, not to my taste but had some nice pictures. Some of the furniture was very nice,however the magnificant original fireplace was hidden!

The shower was ancient and had terrible temperature control, this did let down our stay. Another thing that was dissapointing was that our shower gel and shampoo weren't replaced after we had used them the previous night.

We slept well but my partner had trouble due to his height and the fact the bed had an end to it.

Breakfast was good, if at times slowly served. However very fresh and well done.

Overall an average experience based on the few B+Bs I have stayed in. However I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Had a lovely stay here in the off season. The owners very friendly and helpful. Great veggie breakfast! Good value for money too. Nice range of bedroom types too as our friend's showed us theirs (a four poster bed!).

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends