“Home from Home”

Rainbow Ridge Guest House
Ranked #28 of 53 Ilfracombe B&B and Inns
“Home from Home”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rainbow Ridge had everything we could wish for in a Bed and Breakfast......a comfortable and extremely clean bed and bedroom and an amazing breakfast to set us on the way!

We stayed in the Victorian room and though it was beautiful.

The owners took the time to come in after breakfast and chat to the guests which was lovely and the breakfast was one of the nicest I have had in a long time....No grease, PERFECT tomatoes (how did you do them..email me!), and clearly high price sausage and bacon

We were in the area for 1 night looking for a static caravan to buy which we did buy that very afternoon and on the drive back my partner sadly said "What a shame we will never get to stay there again as now have our own home in the area!"

Wonderful place, wonderful people and outstanding value. Thank you Rainbow Ridge

Room Tip: We stayed in Victorian Room (6) which was lovely but also peeked into the twin and four poster room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was a very short but sweet stay for me.
Upon reading the reviews after staying at Rainbow Ridge I feel awful that the 'terrible' reviews have been written, it really isn't fair and upon reading the reasons for the 'terrible' reviews, one does think 'get a life' - This hotel makes no pretenses on being a Hilton or luxury accommodation, at the end of the day you pay for what you get + excellent service and peace and quiet.
The breakfast menu is outstanding for the size, the fresh fruit etc before looking at the main menu was lovely. I had to dash and the owner was lovely enough to quickly make me a bacon sarnie for my travels, really thoughtful. I slept really well in Room 9 (single room) The bathroom does have a toilet macerator but i'm used to this and it only makes a noise for a minute. I couldn't fault the room. I will definitely return, thank you for making my stay so pleasant :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Blue_Ahoy
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed in room 11 - family room on the top floor. Excellent sized room but tiny shower room. Room was very pleasant and quiet at night, road noise in the morning but we did have the window open and we were not woken by it. The shower was weak but once it reached temperature it stayed constant.

Everywhere was very clean and well presented.

There was an excellent breakfast selection, sausages not to my taste but everything else was good. Poached eggs were lovely.

Keith & Louise were very professional but also friendly. They we also very accommodating of our late arrival.

I would stay again and recommend to friends. For the price it was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This B+B is located about 10 mins away from the centre of Ilfracombe, so is a little further than most other facilities in the area.

There are a number of B+Bs in Ilfracombe so this B+B does have some competition.

On arrival, our hosts were very friendly and welcoming, helping carry luggage to our room and made us feel comfortable.

We had a family room on the top floor. This was fairly quiet (a little road noise). The room was fine for two people but much too small with a little kid as well if you do choose it for this reason. The positioning of the sink means that you would keep him/her awake - so be aware of this.

The room was decorated fine, not to my taste but had some nice pictures. Some of the furniture was very nice,however the magnificant original fireplace was hidden!

The shower was ancient and had terrible temperature control, this did let down our stay. Another thing that was dissapointing was that our shower gel and shampoo weren't replaced after we had used them the previous night.

We slept well but my partner had trouble due to his height and the fact the bed had an end to it.

Breakfast was good, if at times slowly served. However very fresh and well done.

Overall an average experience based on the few B+Bs I have stayed in. However I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Had a lovely stay here in the off season. The owners very friendly and helpful. Great veggie breakfast! Good value for money too. Nice range of bedroom types too as our friend's showed us theirs (a four poster bed!).

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I spent 2 days here with my wife and daughter in a family room. Although situated just out of town, it is still in a great location for walking to and accessing Ilfracombe. It's also far enough away from the extremely loud seaguls that occupy the harbour location.

The owners, Keith and Louise are very welcoming and you can't fault the breakfast..
The value room is great value for money and has everything you need. We would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a wonderfull couple of days very clean and friendley . food excellent louise and keith do a good job . 10 min walk to harbour and bars . we will be staying again .i would recomend it to any one beautiful town

• Stayed August 2011