“One of the best B&Bs I have stayed in!”

Rainbow Ridge Guest House
Ranked #28 of 53 Ilfracombe B&B and Inns
Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
“One of the best B&Bs I have stayed in!”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed in the Rainbow Ridge Guest House for two weeks whilst working in the area and had a thoroughly comfortable stay. The owners were very friendly and accommodating and made me feel as if it were a home away from home. I was served with delicious fresh hot and cold breakfasts daily and was able to have breakfast earlier than the advertised time to allow me to leave for work on time.
I would highly recommend this Guest House to anyone, it was great value for money and I have already booked to stay for another week in June.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Clare M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
alton
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was a guest in Rainbow Ridge for two weeks. My overall experience is excellent.
Hosts are ever so friendly and helpful. Despite living notes on the bed “do not bother changing and cleaning today”, when back from work I always found room very clean and beds made. I really enjoyed breakfasts – scramble egg with salmon – best I ever had! On occasions when I had to live for work very early, breakfast was waiting for me in the dining room, so I never went hungry. I had to use internet a lot – and found that the best reception was in the dining room, and the owners were very happy for me to stay there for long periods of time, even offering tea or coffee. Due to nature of my work I travel a lot and stay in variety of hotels. This B&B I will remember for a very long time, especially the friendliness of the owners. Great value for money, I recommend it very strongly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank beatab07
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I was terribly disappointed by this B&B. Having read the 'extraordinarily good' reviews both on their website and on Tripadvisor, I expected a spotless and immaculate establishment. However, I was disappoointd on both counts. On the surface of it this place seemed clean, but on closer inspection, it was very run down and of a very low standard. The cover on the bed was not clean and was really worn with lots of 'bobbling', the sheets were terribly thin and stained, again with lots of 'bobbling' and the pillows, well the smell was absolutely awful. I doubt they had been washed in a very long time. The mattress and the base of the bed was really dirty. I was disgusted with it all and didn't even want to sit on anything in the room, let alone spend one night in there! Even the room had a really stale smell. In addition the tea/coffee area did not even appear clean. Owner was totally disinterested and didn't even attempt to offer another room or try to resolve the issues. Have had to submit a claim to the small claims court to recovery the deposit as owner refused to issue a refund.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank ChinaDoll-111
OwnerRR, Owner at Rainbow Ridge Guest House, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
When we took this business over 8 years ago, we replaced all the beds with good quality mattrasses, and we have replaced more than half of them again over the last 8 months.
They get Kirby cleaned on a regular basis. All have protecters on them, that get laundered frequently
The so called "bobbly "sheets ( new this winter) was a fitted jersey bottom sheet as it is warmer. It has had very little use, there was a bit of lint (from laundering) attached to the sheet, the lady misstook this for "terrible stain", I lifted it of with my finger and asked if this was satisfactory, she nodded approval. All linen is replaced & laundered after every guest.
The pillow was a Brand New Memory Foam Pillow, wich may explain an odd smell although it was aired for 24 hours +.
I think the main problem here was the lady complained about not getting Broadband reception, we said she could use the dining room, but her computer was for some reason not compatable.
Unfortunately we could not help her with the IT problems
DERBY
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We booked a weekend break at this hotel not really knowing what to expect. The old addage of "you get what you pay for". Well, we got far more than we paid for. The welcoming was warm and friendly and the room exceptional with a large en-suite shower room. The tea and coffee facilities included chocolate bisuits which were replaced daily. Breakfast was more than adequate. I don't think we could have got better value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheRoverDerby
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The owners were so friendly, funny and approachable and the whole experience was not only enjoyale but great value for money. The breakfast was delicious with vegetarian alternatives which was a nice discovery.

I would highly recommend and return in the future if I was in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Heather W
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Just spent 2 nights at The Rainbow Ridge Guest House and thoroughly enjoyed it! Lovely welcoming hosts who ensured the room was really clean and well maintained. Tea making facilities were excellent and the room was maintained throughout our stay. Breakfast is very well set up with a selection of help yourself cereals, teas and fruit and a varied menu of hot food cooked to order.
We stayed in the 4 poster bed room which was an upgrade when we arrived and was a nice surprise! We had a fab nights sleep on a very comfortable mattress and found that the b and b was in a good position to visit the town and other areas close to Ilfracombe.

Would definitely recommend to anyone!
thanks for a great stay :0)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wadie77
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Called at the Rainbow Ridge by chance. Welcomed with a smile and great efficiency. The accomodation was spotlessly clean and we were offered as a matter of course any special dietry requirements which we thought to be a caring touch. The food itself was superb with a wide and varied breakfast menu. We would definately recommend the Rainbow Ridge.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple