“Fab food, fab owner!”

Ranked #45 of 122 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

What can I say everything was yummy! perfect evening, would definitely recommend not only to vegetarians but non vegetarians too x

1  Thank suze1010

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Always have a tasty experience just a shame the bistro is only open two nights a week, but well worth the wait. Always book in advance.
Day time food is just as scrummy. Open all week.

1  Thank Berrynarbor
Reviewed April 27, 2014

ate here on reccommendation, girlfriend is vegan, i'm vegetarian, this place although with some vegan options has limited info about their wares and primarily deal with paninis etc. we ordered a panini, slice of pie and chips and it took about half an hour to deliver, there were no other customers. seriously, how long does it take to microwave pie? the food was great but the wait and the decor (sunflowers, pictures of sunflowers everywhere, like a sunflower playgroup/doctors waiting room) almost negated it. if this place had less sunfknflowers and a more obvious vegan/wholefoods vibe it'd be way better, oh and a cook that can ping a pie in less than 30 minutes.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had a day in Ilfracombe with my mum. I'm vegan and mum wanted a pasty...we walked almost the length of the town looking for somewhere to eat, and almost went in a deli, but thought we'd carry on walking just in case. We stumbled across Grassroots. How lovely to find a 100% veggie establishment, and even more so to have several vegan options. It may not be flash or trendy inside, but the food is what matters. I will be back again, and keen to try the evening menu...just wish I wasn't an hour away!

2  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I live in Canada, but am living close to Ilfracombe for the next 5 months.
Today was a cold, soggy, blustery, wintry day. So, by the time I'd finished my shopping, I was feeling damp through.
The sunny space in Grass Roots Cafe, with all the sunflowers everywhere, was the perfect antidote.
I had a luscious lunch - Brie, grape and walnut panini, with the brie warm and melty, and the bread very fresh and crisp. It came with some delicious crisps (we call them chips in Canada), and a cup full of mixed greens salad, with a nice dressing and some great toppings (like toasted sunflower seeds) - again, very fresh and tasty. All washed down with a pot (ok, two pots, given the weather!) of redbush tea (with soya milk).
Great portions - just the right size (Goldilocks perfect).
And great prices (less than 7 pounds all in).
The staff were friendly and fast.
And (though I opted for the panini, with wheat - they also had a number of yummy looking gluten /wheat free options.
I'll certainly go back again... And hopefully, the outside weather will be a bit less blustery next time!
Definitely a 5 star lunch experience!

1  Thank WeLoveOurEarth