“Vegetarian but so tasty”
Review of Grass Roots Cafe

Grass Roots Cafe
Ranked #44 of 122 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Late season visit to Ifracombe, two oldies had a week off from child minding, ate out most evenings and whilst the Curry/Tandoori house was very good and fish restaurant by the harbour good but pricey Grass Roots was the food highlight of our week. Not just the tastiest food but also incredible value.. have my own allotment so can only assume they grow a lot of their own to make a profit at these prices!!.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Value for money at this restuarant is an understatement. You have a 3 course vegetarian meal, choice of starters, main and pudding for £12 ...yes £12! Its a BYO restuarant, so we brought our wine along and we were charged £1 corkage. So a delicious 3 course meal for 2 people with wine only cost £25 (excluding tip). To give you a flavour of menu options, for starters I had lentil, coconut and chilli soup accompanied by mini chilli scones. For mains, stuffed peppers with salad, chips or choice of veg and for pudding butterscoth sponge pudding with custard. The cafe is only open in th evening on a Friday and Saturday and seats about 20 - so booking is definitey advisable. It was obvious to me that many of the diners were regulars ... an absolute VFM must for anyone who is keen to try something different.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Being the only vegetarian restaurant in Ilfracombe, my other half and I had to check it out.

We booked a table for one of their bistro evenings (which I believe is only on Friday and Saturday nights) and which offers a 3-course meal for only £12, which is amazing! There were 5 choices for each course, which as a vegetarian is a luxury.

Both mine and my partner's starters were divine, probably the best veggie food we've eaten for a long time and definitely the highlight of the meal. The other 2 courses were also good, however probably had too much to live up to after the starter! The portions were generous and we both left completely full.

The restaurant also operates a 'bring-you-own-alcohol' policy, so the entire night was very affordable, the best value for money meal I've ever had.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

excellent choice great place to eat and very friendly clean place good service, open of a night time at the wknds

1  Thank Mel h
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Limited choice but everything was cooked very well as tasted great. Service a little slow but worth the wait. Byob a bonus