“Nostalgic Break” 4 of 5 bubbles

Take Thyme Fish Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 117 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located not 50 yards from Ilfracombe Harbour, Take Thyme Restaurant provides fresh local fish, Exmoor steak and home-made dishes. We also have vegetarian and gluten free options.
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Nostalgic Break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Visited Ilfracombe on a nostalgic short break recently and was recommended this restaurant. We were not disappointed,the wine list was very reasonably priced although the food was excellent and well presented we thought it was a little pricey, however this did not detract us from having a lovely evening. The restaurant is very relaxing as the tables are well spaced and the waitress was helpful and pleasant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Berrynarbor, United Kingdom
“An excellent evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am a fish lover, my husband hates it, so it had taken some time to persuade him to come here, he left as a convert, sadly not to fish, but to the restaurant! I enjoyed scallops with a beautifully dressed salad, followed by sea bass then local cheeses and biscuits, my husband had the cheese, walnut, pear and rocket salad followed by Exmoor steak and homemade chips, also with the cheese and biscuits. It was all very good, the atmosphere was fun, largely due to the owner, Tara, who was also the waitress, she has a great taste in music!
The restaurant is small, we counted 20 covers, and the decor is very simple, but it works well and the location is good near the harbour at the bottom of Fore Street (which now has a number of good restaurants).
I am not sure if they are going to be open during the winter, I hope so as it will be a long wait for us to return otherwise.

“I am now a fish eater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We were on holiday from kent, me and my husband were having a night out. He us Scottish and loves fish, I am not so keen. After eating here I am now a convert to fish. The staff are friendly and couldn't do enough for you. I had the hake and my partner had the sea bass and both were excellent. I am going to recommend to all my friends and anybody who are in the area. You are missing out if you don't go.

Ossett, United Kingdom
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We ate here on Saturday night after returning from a few days on Lundy Island. We were lucky to be able to walk in and get a table straightaway. The menu was interesting and the food delicious. I had Devon crab cakes followed by Brill fillet and my partner had Queen Scallops followed by Sea Bream. The new potatoes were fantastic and the fresh broccoli and carrots were superb. We both had Three Cheeses for dessert. The wine list was good and we enjoyed both a Sauvignon Blanc and a Merlot.
Tara was most welcoming and the restaurant was a delight. Would definitely recommend eating here.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Return from Lundy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Fore street is the place to eat in Ilfracombe as is has the greatest concentration of restaurants. We arrived here at 19.00 and Take Thyme was the only place which had a table. The food is well cooked and the staff are attentive and we had an enjoyable meal here but the location of the restaurant at the end of Fore street facing the main drag detracted from the potential ambience of the place. However that would be my only complaint

Visited September 2013