“Great Dinner Menu”

Ranked #14 of 122 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located not 50 yards from Ilfracombe Harbour, Take Thyme Restaurant provides fresh local fish, Exmoor steak and home-made dishes. We also have vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great Restaurant in old part of Ilfracombe. Was on business trip and actually wound up in it twice since it was so good. Family run business that reflects in the quality of the food, service and overall appearance. They make sure that you feel welcome and are in a comfy environment. Crab cakes were really good and the second time down I made sure to try the Sticky Toffee.

2  Thank JamesFr

Reviewed September 17, 2012

What a great find of a restaurant. We had ambled along the streets of Illfracombe and found a diamond in this one. I had the mussels in creme fraiche and bacon and it was absolutely finger licking.. Martyn had lemon sole and it too was divine..
Highly recommended. The owners were charming, particularly himself from Cork..

1  Thank DollyMalolly
Reviewed September 9, 2012

A very friendly and pleasant place to eat, very good food, wine and service. The fish that was served was fresh and locally caught and well presented.

1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Ilfracombe for a few nights for my birthday, having walked through the Town we walked past Take Thyme and having looked at the menu decided to book for my birthday meal. I wasn't disappointed, the menu together with the specials had a good choice of local produce and together with the wine was reasonably priced.

Having decided on crab cakes followed by Sea Bass I was very pleased with my choice. The fish was really tasty, fresh and ample portion size. Unfortunately I didn't have enough room for a dessert.

I would certainly recommend the Restaurant and expect on Friday and Saturday nights it would be worth making reservation.

1  Thank FVC
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Top marks. Arrived on spec on a Saturday evening when this very small restaurant was very full. Not only did the staff padvise us a table would be available "within half an hour" they also took my mobile phone no and said they'd ring if they could do it sooner. Not only that but, when we asked "is the hake on?" having only 2 portions left they promised to keep them for us. As good as their word they phoned within 15 minutes and we returned and enjoyed our hake in a piquant sauce with potatoes and a variety of vegetables and an inexpensive but palatable Sangiovese. Nice place, nice food, nice people who show an interest in their customers - what more could you want?

2  Thank fmcmartinb