“Wonderful Friendly Fish Restaurant”

Take Thyme Fish Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 120 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located not 50 yards from Ilfracombe Harbour, Take Thyme Restaurant provides fresh local fish, Exmoor steak and home-made dishes. We also have vegetarian and gluten free options.
Odiham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Friendly Fish Restaurant”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Ilfracombe for a few nights for my birthday, having walked through the Town we walked past Take Thyme and having looked at the menu decided to book for my birthday meal. I wasn't disappointed, the menu together with the specials had a good choice of local produce and together with the wine was reasonably priced.

Having decided on crab cakes followed by Sea Bass I was very pleased with my choice. The fish was really tasty, fresh and ample portion size. Unfortunately I didn't have enough room for a dessert.

I would certainly recommend the Restaurant and expect on Friday and Saturday nights it would be worth making reservation.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank FVC

North West England
“Good, inexpensive, accommodating and friendly”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Top marks. Arrived on spec on a Saturday evening when this very small restaurant was very full. Not only did the staff padvise us a table would be available "within half an hour" they also took my mobile phone no and said they'd ring if they could do it sooner. Not only that but, when we asked "is the hake on?" having only 2 portions left they promised to keep them for us. As good as their word they phoned within 15 minutes and we returned and enjoyed our hake in a piquant sauce with potatoes and a variety of vegetables and an inexpensive but palatable Sangiovese. Nice place, nice food, nice people who show an interest in their customers - what more could you want?

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank fmcmartinb
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Really fresh fish”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Conveniently placed - limited menu making the most of the best fish of the catch and served with interesting dressings. Excellent wines at reasonable prices.

Visited August 2012
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

You must book in advance as it is quite a small restaurant. Very knowledgable staff and friendly. Lovely crab fishcakes.Food served hot! Small menu but I find this is best as what they do they do well. Will return.

Visited August 2012
Bedford
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a lovely little restaurant. A but less formal than some of the other restaurants in Fore Street. I had perfect mussels and my partner had sea hake and both were excellent. You need to book in high season as it was full every evening we walked past it during the week we were in Ilfracombe. Service is very friendly with lots of information about the food

• Visited August 2012