“Really fresh fish”

Ranked #15 of 120 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located not 50 yards from Ilfracombe Harbour, Take Thyme Restaurant provides fresh local fish, Exmoor steak and home-made dishes. We also have vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Conveniently placed - limited menu making the most of the best fish of the catch and served with interesting dressings. Excellent wines at reasonable prices.

There are newer reviews for Take Thyme Fish Restaurant

Reviewed August 29, 2012

You must book in advance as it is quite a small restaurant. Very knowledgable staff and friendly. Lovely crab fishcakes.Food served hot! Small menu but I find this is best as what they do they do well. Will return.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a lovely little restaurant. A but less formal than some of the other restaurants in Fore Street. I had perfect mussels and my partner had sea hake and both were excellent. You need to book in high season as it was full every evening we walked past it during the week we were in Ilfracombe. Service is very friendly with lots of information about the food

1  Thank Maggiejane25
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stopped off in Ilfracombe on a trip down to Cornwall. We didn't fancy the Hotel we stayed at for diner so wandered out and found this little gem. We were runing early and the place was more or less empty, so we hovered outside whilst I tried to get Trip Advisor on my BlackBerry, but within a matter of minutes it started filling up so we just went for it. We were lucky enough to get a table and by the time we had studied the menu the restaurant was full and buzzing - so the moral here is book to be sure of a seat!. The place is a family run restaurant with the owner operating front of house. I had a very tasty fish dish and my wife the steak. All the food was presented well and the wine list was more than adequate. The decor was simple and welcoming and whilst the menu was dependant on supply there was plenty of choice. My wife did have a minor issue with her steak, but this was resolved quickly. No hesitation in recommending and we will definitely go again if in the area.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

A wonderful romantic setting, serving excellent food (especially fish) at very reasonable prices.
The service was outstanding and the owner/waitress was just so welcoming and friendly. She obviously set the tone for the restaurant but this was more than matched by the quality of the food and the cooking of it.
We had something to celebrate and we were very pleased that we had such a pleasant place eat in. I would thoroughly recommend the venue to anyone visiting Devon and feel sure it will not disappoint.

1  Thank johninliverpool