“Good local Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We called in here in desperation on a Monday night in October. For the record most restaurants in ilfracombe are closed on a Monday night. Mixed reviews but we decided to give it a try. In my opinion the food was both tasty and good value. We always prefer to try something we haven't had before. I had the meat shatkora as it was recommended by the waiter. A lovely very citrus flavoured curry. I would recommend this as a good local curry house if you are away from home and in need of a good curry.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

visited this restaurant/takeaway 2 days running beginning of november.very quiet on the 2 days (mon/tue) but on these days you could opt for the £9.95 special.any starter,main meal,rice or nann and coffee or icecream.1st night starters excellent (chicken tikka/prawn dish) main meals - chicken tikka biryani - excellent , chicken korma - bit bland., naan good , afters good.2nd night starters again excellent , main meals 2 x chicken tikka biriyani - both excellent ,nann and afters good. service superb , very polite , interior nice.
all in all very good food and will visit again next time in ilfracombe.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

On arrival we were greeted and seated all very nicely. Unfortunately, the whole place could do with a revamp, crockery and toilets included! However, the worst part which is obviously the reason for going was the food!! There were 5 of us in total and we all agreed that the meals were less than desirable. Starters - chicken pakora, blatantly re-heated chicken was used as it had that horrible re-heated taste. Main courses 2 x chicken korma, again horrible re-heated chicken and very little flavour! My son had the roast chicken! Well when I saw it I nearly told him not to eat it! The skin was all soggy and again obviously re-heated to within an inch of its life in their favourite machine, the microwave! He said "this chickens horrible mum!" Chicken tikka masala, very average! And a chicken bandi mogli (or something like it?!) and again very bland. We couldn't get out of there fast enough, I'd rather skip a meal than eat there again! Good luck if you are daft enough to try it!!!

1  Thank Samsamblue21
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We went to Asian Spice on a Tuesday where we (me and my partner got 5 courses each for under £22! The food was great and the staff really friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Wow very nice food and would advice anybody that visits ilfracombe to dine here.
Highly recommend!!!!