“A gem on the Quay.”

The Harbour Lights Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Harbour Lights is a Guest House and licensed restaurant situated in the heart of Ilfracombe's Heritage Harbour on the spectacular North Devon Coast. The Harbour Lights is ideal for visitors seeking affordable North Devon B&B or Half-Board accommodation. Built in 1895 as a small Victorian hotel The Harbour Lights now houses a ground floor licensed restaurant and nine en-suite letting rooms. The berth for the Lundy Island ferry is a 2 minute stroll from our front door.In addition to being the home port for private yachts Ilfracombe is still a working harbour with fresh fish, crabs and lobster landed daily.Harbour Lights is a family-run business. We hope you enjoy your visit. :)
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Had fantastic three course meal with wine, l had the Lamb and I think its the best I've ever tasted.

There are newer reviews for The Harbour Lights Restaurant

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I visited this restaurant while staying in a B&B in Ilfracombe with my grandson and his aunty. My grandson is a vegetarian and quite a fussy eater, which made finding suitable food for him quite difficult. We looked in the window of Harbour Lights' restaurant and thought it looked too upmarket to take my 7 year old grandson to. However, there was a child's menu included, which had pizza on the menu, so we thought it was worth a try. We entered and were made so welcome from the start. My grandson amazed my daughter and me by eating everything on his plate - we had NEVER seen him do that before! He said the pizza was even better than his mother makes for him. He absolutely loved the chocolate milk shakes, and the chocolate ice-cream. We returned to the restaurant each night of our stay after that, and the welcome was the same each time. The standard of the food was excellent and perfectly cooked on each visit. The staff are extremely courteous and very polite. We were asked if everything was all right, and when the food was brought to our table they said that they hoped we would enjoy our meal - rather than the common American version, 'Enjoy!' (said as a command). Thank you all so much - especially for cleaning the mess made by my grandson after he had eaten too much! If we are ever in Ilfracombe again, we will definitely come in for a meal (or maybe stay in the hotel as well!)

1  Thank Jane P
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We are locals who live in ilfracombe and were looking for a special meal to celebrate a birthday. We went to the harbour lights restaurant and had the best food ever. We have since been back again with family to celebrate a 60th birthday and we not disapointed again. The standard of food is excellent specialising in freshly caught fish including lobster, sea bass, lamb,pork steak etc. . The attention we received from all the staff was excellent from the minute we walked in to the moment we left. The restaurant is light and airy with plenty of space between each table so there is no feeling of being crowded. In my opinion this is the best restaurant in ilfracombe and we will be back..Well done!

1  Thank 502keith
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I went with my wife for an evening meal. The service was excellent, the food was great and reasonably priced. All in all very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I loved the lobster soup and they were very kind and told me the recipe so I can cook it at home. :)