“Nice restaurant, friendly service rather pricey.”

Espresso Seafood Bar and Grill
Ranked #20 of 120 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant, friendly service rather pricey.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had starters and main course plus drink. Waitress service very pleasant and quick. Food was good. Although the cod gougons and fries was rather expensive for what it was, it would of been cheaper going to the chippy!
Overall a pleasant meal, good friendly service, some of the meals I feel are rather pricy for what they are. Suitable for couples and families.

• Visited August 2013

Southampton
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have just been reminded by Trip advisor of our visit here whilst on holiday. I really hope that nothing has changed since our visit as it as one of the best meals I have ever had. My husband had the lobster and it really was magnificent and I had the bream. It was the first time we had eaten samphire which was delicious. The flavours that we experienced encouraged me to be more adventurous and I have since found a local supplier that can source really good quality fish and seafood. If you love fish and are looking for quality without exorbitant prices then this is a must! The service was excellent and I hope to be able to visit again.

• Visited April 2013
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
“A great place to sit, drink, eat & relax on a sunny day !”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great location at the end of the seafront broadwalk. Excellent waiter / waitress service, quality beers, ciders and wines on offer, together with very good seafood, steak and tapas type menu. A fabulous place to sit outside and watch the world go by, helped by sun shades and outdoor heaters when needed.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank greg s
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The owner of the B and B where we were staying, recommended the Espresso Seafood Bar and Grill, and reserved us a table - you certainly need to book in advance and several diners were turned away during our time there. Good service and an excellent meal, in particular the Skate Wing.

• Visited July 2013
“Fantastic meal.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

After trying several times to get a reservation for dinner with no luck, we stoppes to have lunch here while exploring Ilfracombe. I shared a few sides and the seafood platter (for one) with my dad and it was still a very generous amount of fish that arrived. Although a little pricey, everything was fresh and cooked to perfection and we had a very lovely family meal here. Definitely worth a visit. The waiter was also helpful and friendly. This is the perfect place to go to satisfy your craving for fresh fish, although they also have other options. My husband had a nice burger as he is not keen on fish.
There's also a lovely terrace to sit outside if you prefer, which is great for the summer.
The only thing that I can possibly criticise is that they don't provide high chairs for children, which made it a bit difficult to eat holding a young baby. We were lucky she was well behaved enough to allow us to enjoy our meal.
Overall a really nice restaurant. Definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013