“Well brewed beer & great chowder”
Review of The Grampus Inn

The Grampus Inn
Ranked #52 of 120 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Tiverton, United Kingdom
“Well brewed beer & great chowder”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Surprised to see some negative comments on the food. We ate there last week a lunch time after walk from Mortehoe. Had the home brewed beer and lovely chowder with plenty of fish in it. Not the cheapest place in the world but good and wholesome. Plus with dog friendly beer garden as a bonus

Visited July 2014

England
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Went here for early lunch today, it was very disappointing. We have been before but will not be back, lots of food on the menu was 'sold out' whilst I appreciate that happens, the first weekend of the school holidays would surely mean that the management would ensure enough stock to cater. We ordered ploughmans with focaccia, well it arrived with French stick that had been toasted! Presumable the bread had been stale. Many people in the garden were grumbling about the size of the ploughmans. Much of the cheese for the ploughmans was gone, also other food off menu. Such a shame when in the past the food had been good.

1 Thank borntorebel
Gloucester, Uk
“Disappointing food.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I really wanted to write a positive view about this place as there are many things I like about it - the unpretentious surroundings, the friendly hosts. Unfortunately on a Thursday evening we left feeling hungry as the seafood chowder main was meagre in the extreme. Three or four mouthfuls and it was over - at £12 this is not acceptable I'm afraid and my wife certainly isn't someone who demands large portions! We weren't even asked if everything was alright with our meal. I expect we'll return, but purely for liquid refreshment.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Lovely”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Gramus Inn is a real gem on the North Devon foodie scene. We spend a lot of time in the area and usually struggle in all honesty to find good food. Not the case with this beautiful little pub.
We came here as a family last saturday and enjoyed some beautifully seasoned garlic mushrooms, well cooked steaks and yummy puddings. The service was charming and the wine selection by the glass and bottle was very good. I particularly enjoyed the Sauvignon Viognier.
What I really liked about The Grampus Inn was, unlike lots of other places I could name in the area, they stuck to a simple selection of 7 main courses with a few specials, meaning you knew you would receive a well executed, fresh dish. Well worth a visit.

Blunham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“friendly pubs”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Setting lovely, Food great , Staff friendly, Locals friendly, Lovely place and meal for the last evening of our holiday

• Visited June 2014