Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel
Excellent 5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Beechwood Hotel(Ilfracombe)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnational holidaysfree drinksshearings hotelsshearings holidayself drivestair liftcoach driverweekend breaksmall liftevening mealrestaurant staffthird floorper dayupgraded roomentertainment roombuffet breakfastmeal times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have just returns from a 5 day Shearings trip to Ilfracombe. The Dilkhusa Grand is one of the best Shearings hotels we have stayed in (we have done 5 to date). The dining room has recently been decorated and new furniture. Most of the bedrooms have also been upgraded with new bathrooms, furniture and decor. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Inma, our waitress, who was extremely efficient and always had a smile. The trips out, whether included or additional were brilliant, as was Andy, our driver. All in all a very good trip. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bolton180165
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

First of all, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
It was a pleasure meeting you and we hope to see you again, here at The Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, or at any of the other fantastic destinations that Shearings has on offer.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your positive comments to the staff, especially to Inma (waitress) and Andy (Coach driver), whom I am sure will be delighted.
As you said, we offer an excellent value for money with Good food, Excellent service, Great entertainment and Comfortable accommodation.
Once again, thank you for your very positive review.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had a very warm welcome from the lady on reception.The hotel was very clean. The staff were very helpful and the food was excellent. The only criticism, if an, was that we had to pay for our car parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra C

Dear Sandra C,

Thank you very much for visiting us, and also, thank you for your positive review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the excellent level of service that we provide here at The Dilkhusa Grand Hotel.
I will pass your lovely comments to the staff, especially to our Reception staff.
Once again, thank you for your visit and review, and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The staff were all good would do anything they could for you but the actual hotel was cold and for me the bedding which was a sheet and a blanket I myself prefer a duvet the food was all ok plenty of choice . The only other thing is in the dining room above the windows in the lower part could do with a good clean it's full of black marks though dampness. Also anyone having room number one if you are tall mind your head as the door is not the usual height you will certainly have to duck . Also an added bonus you have the free wifi in the hotel lobby .

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank woody559
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Woody 559,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Your feedback is very important to us and will help to improve where needed.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
During the last few weeks, Ilfracombe has been badly affected by rain, which caused damp and few leaks in our bottom part of the restaurant. We are now in the process of repairing the damage. Thank you very much for your feedback.
Once again, thank you very much for visiting us and for your positive review, and we hope to see you again in a near future, here at The Dilkhusa Grand Hotel or at any of the other fantastic destinations that Shearings has on offer during 2014.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

A really good, value for money break. For what we paid for a 5 day all inclusive break we could not have asked for more. Clean and comfortable room with fresh towels provided each day if needed, breakfasts and evening meals provided good choices and hot meals chosen were served hot and plenty of it, entertainment on most nights was very good and with 4 drinks per day included who could ask for more. We also had 2 great trips included.......truly value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank chopsy1wrexham
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review.
As you said, we offer an Excellent value for money with Good Food, Great Entertaiment, friendly and professional service, good acommodation and a safe enviroment.
I am glad you enjoyed your holidays, and I will pass your lovely comments to the staff.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you agin in a near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

5.day bay inclusive break shearings coach holiday
I left Essex at 0830 to travel with shearings to go to London gateway and arrived at 10am.we had our change. Over.all went like clockwork after a 6 hour journey to Ilfracombe the dilkhusagrand hotel.
Was given my room 301 third floor.room was very basic and reminds me of a boarding house room.the sink was in the bedroom.a small 12 inch tv 4 channels only curtains and bedding from the eighths .
The bed creaked whenever I moved.toilet and shower very small could not bend down.very to shut door in toilet shower room.?.
Hotel is very noisey when fire doors are banging shut plus lift is very noisey .carpet in 301 very stained.window single glazed and room being on the main road it's very noisey with traffic.
Trip to Barnstable town was a inclusive trip but it's all shops and more shops I walked to Ilfracombe harbour and then to Ilfracombe high street you need to be fit to walk about it is all uphill.
On Wednesday we had a free day I decided to get that bus from outside the hotel.i got on the number 21 bus to Westwood go a very nice journey and then went back to Barnstable bus station and got the bus to lynmouth .very nice journey I done all this was done on a dayrider ticket cost £3.50.£5.00. Cheaper than a single journey with shearings the bus runs every 20 minutes excellent service.
On Thursday a inclusive trip to Bideford the big sheep show it was very funny and entertaining.
I would like to say the dilkhusa grand hotel is a very nice hotel in all the public areas the meals were excellent resturant is very nice and clean entertainment very good every night the area very good all the team at the hotel were all very helpful and friendly I would return to the hotel if was given a better room not 301 ?.
Ps John our driver was excellent and very safeand knowledgeable.
Fluffy Essex.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank fluffyessex1
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

First of all, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will look into all your comments.
I am glad you enjoyed the service and entertainment, and will personally pass your positive comments to the staff.
As you said, all members of staff are friendly and professional and do their best to make sure our customers have a wonderful stay with us.
I will also pass your lovely comments to John (coach driver).
If you would like to visit us again, do not hesitate to contact us or even make your booking with us, and we could help you with all your requests.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again in a near future, here at The Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, or at any of the other fantastic destinations that Shearings has on offer for 2014.