Imperial Hotel
Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel(Ilfracombe)(Great Value!)
$80
Agoda.com
The Osborne Hotel(Ilfracombe)
$93
TripAdvisor
All reviewsalfa travelalfa coachleisureplex hotelslandmark theatresea viewmeal timescooling towerstinsel turkeyevening entertainmentwell run hotelbit datedjust returned from a five daylarge hotelseaside resortcoach partiesserved hotwaiting staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as part of a coach trip. The manager came onto the coach to welcome us which was a nice touch. The hotel is a little tired but is very clean. The staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble. Food is excellent and there is a lot of it and a good variety. There is some entertainment in the evening which isn't to my taste but most people seemed to enjoy it. All in all I found if excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank Cathm654
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Travelled with Alfa this Easter to this hotel. Just have to say the staff, food and the hotel in general far exceeded my expectations. As a single traveller I usually find rooms very small, but my room here was very well appointed, plenty of room to get about, clean and had a very good bathroom with power shower. I was half board and must say the food was wonderful, plenty of choice, served hot and very good portions. I have to congratulate the manager for his hands on approach and all the staff were friendly, quick and efficient. The hotel is situated across the road from the Landmark theatre and a level walk to the harbour where you can enjoy lovely boat trips. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and even though I am in my early fifties and not retired I enjoyed the company of many mature retired people. The hotel is a credit to the Leisureplex group.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank KentSharon02
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Just returned from a New Year break at the Imperial Hotel in Ilfracombe Devon, A lovely location right on the front with easy walking distance to the harbour and town. It can be hilly in parts but to the harbour is flat so easy for people with walking difficulties. The hotel has excellent staff very friendly and helpful and the manager is a bonus and an asset to the place, he works very hard and is always around to help. The food is only ok in my opinion some meals left a lot tobe desired. The rooms were very clean and looked after some of the public places needed up dateing but on the whole very well looked after and managed. The entertainment was brilliant each night. It is worth a visit to such a lovely part of England just don't expect 5 star but deserves it's 2 star status. We had a good time and would certainly go back to IIlfracombe.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I am a bit late with this review but my husband and I stayed here on a 5 day Alfa break the middle of October. The room was very good and so were the meals which we looked forward to every day. There are some lovely walks around Ilfracombe but it was a pity that the weather wasn't so good. We enjoyed our trips out and will book with Alfa again. The staff were always pleasant and helpful. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ann C
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have just had a 5 day stay with Alfa Travel on a Turkey & Tinsel break, we had a great time ,lovely clean room, could have been a little bigger but still did not spoil our stay. Greg and his staff were very pleasant and worked so hard to make sure everyone had an enjoyable holiday. The food was good lots of choice, something for everyone, even I could find something on the menu and I can be picky. we had table 18 and Matuez looked after us always with a smile. Would certainly stay again. Thank you Greg and staff.

Room Tip: We had room 229 which was at the back of the hotel, it did not bother us as it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends