“Breakfast was lovely”

Tyme Restaurant at Trimstone Manor
Reserve with OpenTable
Tyme Restaurant at Trimstone Manor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 121 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Loved the wide selection of breakfasts, especially my smoked haddock and perfect poached eggs

2  Thank DrBabsC
QualityControlNDevon, Owner at Tyme Restaurant at Trimstone Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Thank you for that Dr Babs - we do try really hard and are so glad that you enjoyed your breakfast with us!

I hope you'll be able to sample our evening Restaurant next time.

Philip Milton - Owner

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I recently stayed at the hotel with a colleague and we were very pleased with the friendly staff and lovely atmosphere. We had a delicious meal in the restaurant. A huge portion of smoked salmon, followed by Monkfish wrapped in bacon. Delicious.

It was such a shame that we didn't get much of a chance to take in the local area but driving through it was lovely.

2  Thank Julie W
QualityControlNDevon, Owner at Tyme Restaurant at Trimstone Manor, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Dear Julie W

Thank you for posting a review - we are very pleased everything was to your satisfaction!

You'll have to visit again to see more of the sights and to try such things as a spot of surfing!

Philip J Milton - owner

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Had salmon to start - lots of it and very yummy. Monkfish wrapped in bacon for main - this was delicious, cooked really well with a gorgeous shrimp sauce. Vegetables cooked just the way I like - not overcooked but not too raw. Good choice on the menu too.

2  Thank Laura J

Dear Laura J

Thank you so much for the review - glad all was to your liking! We shall look forward to your return one day!

Best wishes

Philip Milton - Owner

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Took the family and grandparents to Tyme restaurant for Sunday lunch, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The food and wines are excellent. For me you cant beat Beef and Yorkshire pudding but others also enjoyed the most delicious pate ever following by fresh salmon. The staff are very attentive, they gave excellent service and created a very friendly atmosphere to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. The children loved seeing the pets after lunch and we had a lovely afternoon.

2  Thank Jason R

Dear Jason

Thank you for the comments - we are all so pleased you had a good tyme! Glad you enjoyed everything - we'll look forward to seeing you again!

Best wishes

Philip J Milton - Owner

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I had booked an evening meal here to celebrate my 50th birthday. After looking on the Internet I chose Trimstone Manor because it looked "classy" and somewhere a bit different. The first problem was trying to park the car as the car park was full and had to resort to parking on the grass verge on the main road although the restaurant was almost empty!!
We were greeted very warmly and guided through to the bar area where we were given menus and ordered drinks. My partner and I both agreed that the choice on the menu, especially for vegetarians, was very limited. To start we both had the Veg Dim Sum which was divine for the mains I had a T bone steak which was rather bland and very fatty and my partner a butternut squash with feta cheese and olives which again was wonderful. Service throughout was good apart from being let down by the dress code of some of the other diners. This was supposed to be a high class place to eat but was more like a campsite refectory and not what I had expected. Overal the place seems very tired and in need of some tlc and plants in the garden and not weeds would help make a better first impression.

10  Thank Tessiefw
QualityControlNDevon, Owner at Tyme Restaurant at Trimstone Manor, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear Tessiefw

Thank you for your comments following your visit. Of course, I am sorry that not everything was absolutely right for you.

I am sorry about parking and directions - you should have asked as whilst the Hotel was full that night, you could have parked out the front or even the top carpark rather than on our quiet lane. We are painting lines soon though to make that easier!

We change the menu daily rather than a long list of freezer friendly options, always with freshly prepared courses every day but if diners mention a special delight or aversion in advance, we do try to work around that for them as well. There is also an extensive barsnacks' range.

We operate a 'smart casual' policy but being in a holiday area, guests' definitions can vary sometimes. However, we are not trying (or pricing) to be an absolutely exclusive venue - our Three Star rating is just fine and we are in a very old building with a 'comfortable' feel, original art and antiques around the Place but not a 'refectory', which I see as being without table cloths and stacking tables and chairs. However, despite our Garden Award this Spring, agreed that some weeds have overtaken our gardener over the last few weeks - sorry! Still, there are plenty of lovely flowers and shrubs here and the maintenance and improvement task is ongoing despite the significant works undertaken since we arrived in 2007.

We shall look forward to seeing you again and if you have any special preferences for the menu, do tell us when booking and we'll see what we can do.

Philip J Milton