“They made you want to try your hardest ... in the best positive way” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of NuBeginnings

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ilfracombe
NuBeginnings
Oxford, United Kingdom
“They made you want to try your hardest ... in the best positive way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I went to the boot camp with a sense of dread.... After a 2 year working job in Africa I was overweight, blood pressure was high and I was very unfit. The whole team make you feel so welcome, from Caroline at time of booking, Dave when he picks you up from the train Station, Jenn with the welcome and various talks, Kevin and Shane are the fitness team who encourage you yo work your hardest by positive reinforcement, and Christy makes the best meals - food was superb, never went hungry!!! I lost 5.6lbs (lots of inches) and have continued to lose lbs since leaving - another 6 lbs. thank you for a wonderful weak, for for making a coach potato, nearly 50 woman enjoy boot camp. Oh, and the massages etc were also brilliant, the accommodation so comfortable .... Thank you, Tracey

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tracey D
NuBeginnings, Owner at NuBeginnings, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thanks for sharing your story. I am delighted to read that the team helped, cajoled and supported you in making such wonderful life changes.

Even better you have proven to yourself that you have made some life lasting changes and the weight is still coming off.

Thanks for your kind words about the team, the food, the rooms and the training. I am thrilled you had such a good time.

Do let me know how you are doing.

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Recently returned from a week at NuBeginnings and cannot recommend it enough. I lost 3.5kg in a week and have since lost another 2, it was just the kickstart to weight loss that I needed.
The workouts were tough but strangely enjoyable and tailored to everyone's levels so no one felt like they were holding anyone back.
Everyone from the management, to the fitness/hiking/treatment staff and even the chef were super friendly and welcoming and supportive.
I definitely hope to return again and highly recommend it to anyone wanting a boot camp that doesn't involve crawling through mud in army combats.
Only negative - bed and pillow comfort left a bit to be desired, but this could be a personal issue as I am used to a firm memory foam bed and pillow and found the sprung mattress too soft. No one else had a problem though so I suspect is was just me.

Thank you Jennie, Dave and all the team! Hope to return next year.

Daniela

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Suppli22
Victoria W, Owner at NuBeginnings, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hi Daniela,
Thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations on your fantastic results - both at NuBeginnings and now that you are home and enjoying your new lifestyle choices. Brilliant.

Delighted you enjoyed the personal attention and I will pass on your comments to the team.

Sorry you didn't find the bed to your liking - all the mattresses are sprung with a topping of memory foam - the idea being it is the best of both worlds. I totally understand that it would feel different than a pure memory foam mattress and I am delighted that you plan on a return visit.

Thanks again for telling your story - people do read them and it really helps them to make their decision on where to book.

Congratulations again on your great results and Jennie will be calling you again soon to see how you are doing.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have been to Nubegginings twice and each time I have been impressed by how professional, friendly, kind and supportive the team are - they understand how hard it is and you feel "looked after". Most people arrive feeling extremely vulnerable and leave feeling fitter and much more positive. Kieran & Shane teach you how to exercise again and, believe it or not, it is fun. The cliff top hikes are so beautiful & yes they are tough but manageable. Jenny and Dave will do anything to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable and Jenny stays in touch to help you stay motivated. I met some lovely fellow guests and we laughed from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. The real reason to go though is the longer term results. I started to exercise again and have the confidence to go running, go to the gym, hiking etc. I have lost 3st so far and the diet and exercise has become routine. I wouldn't hesitate to go back - though am pleased to say that, at least at the moment,I don't need to. The only negative is the cost of a completely new wardrobe!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Margaret L
Victoria W, Owner at NuBeginnings, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay(s) at NuBeginnings. It is always lovely to hear that people had such a good time they came back to see us again. Of course it is even better to hear that you are doing so well you don't need a return trip. Huge congratulations on your wonderful results and for your new wardrobe as well.
Thanks again for taking the tie to share your story. I am sure it will encourage others to come and stay at NuBeginnings.
Cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was a bit worried to go to bootcamp given that I am hypoglycemic and unfit but the staff at nubeginnings take each person's needs and abilities into consideration. Once there I knew immediately that I am in safe hands with a very professional team who always made sure I am ok. The food is healthy yet delicious and the premises are gorgeous, very clean and I had an amazing view from my luxurious room. I loved the hikes, which I found fun and I enjoyed gorgeous scenery of Devon during the hikes. The program is full of varied activities so you never ever get bored and in fact it's devised with the perfect balance between really tough work and pampering because they do give you the best massages ever three times a week after a long day of hiking or working out ! When you are there they also make sure you go back home knowing how to eat right for weight loss, how to exercise correctly and after a week or two at nubeginnings you go home definitely slimmer, detoxified , much fitter and with a wealth of knowledge about how to eat for real weight loss. Now that I am back home after a week at nubeginnings I can honestly say I wish I never had to leave . This was truly a life changing experience for me and although I worked really hard during that week , I had an amazing time . Loved everything and every
minute . I would definitely go back again as soon as I am able to !

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Tashaaki
Victoria W, Owner at NuBeginnings, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you so much for telling your story. It is really lovely to read about the individual attention you feel you received. That is the most important thing about a stay at NuBeginnings. Many of our guests arrive with health issues and concerns - I am delighted to see the team supported you during your stay - and I am sure they are continuing to do so.
Congratulations on your wonderful results and I am sure you will reach your goal with ease.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was a fun but tough week. My intention was to get myself motivated to start exercising and to watch what I was eating. The guides and the instructors were great, and made it all a lot of fun. This is a beautiful part of the world, and we went on some great coastal walks. I was however disappointed by the massage rooms. Surprised to find the 'massage room', was situated in reception, next to the office. So the door was opening and closing, people were walking in and out of reception and talking, all in all not a relaxing experience. The room itself was disappointing too. It was a messy room without any feeling of calm. The floorboards were also very creaky. So a big letdown. My other massages were taken in empty bedrooms. I wouldn't describe it as 'boutique' . We also had leftover food from the night before for an afternoon snack, which seemed a little cheap. Very expensive for what it is.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marv78629
Victoria W, Owner at NuBeginnings, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your four star review of your stay at NuBeginnings. I am delighted you left feeling motivated and better equipped to watch what you are eating.
I am surprised about your comments about the massage. You don’t mention how fantastic the massages are. I am sorry you didn’t like the squeaky floorboards in the massage room. We are located in a Grade II listed mansion house and some of the floorboards are indeed a little on the squeaky side. The massage rooms are all dedicated massage rooms unless a client requests a massage in their own bedroom. No room is ever used as a bedroom and a massage room at the same time.
No ‘leftovers’ are used for snacks – no way – not ever. I have no idea what led you to that conclusion but it is not the case. You don’t mention any of the other snacks and meals during your week so I hope you found those more to your liking.
The reason we offer a full money back guarantee is so that should you feel we are not good value for money – or you don’t like the massage rooms – or anything else.....you simply need to say so and you are given all of your money back.
I am delighted you enjoyed the wonderful coastal walks, the guides and of course the fitness instructors.
I hope you continue feeling motivated and reach your goal with ease.
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I recently had the amazing opportunity to spend two weeks at NuBeginnings, were I lost 15.5 pounds. But it wasn't just the success of weight loss that I went home with, but with the amazing friendships gained from staff to other participants. The motivation and courage to continue down the path of health, fitness and such new ideas of great things to eat.
I highly recommend this program, cause I went home with a lot more energy to play with my kids, and more confidence in myself and my capabilities, that I kind of forgot along the way before I met NuBeginnings team :)
I still didn't have enough of the great scenery they are surrounded with and surely would consider going back sometime soon and maybe with my spouse this time
Xoxo

Room Tip: First floor