Stayed a couple of nights with some friends. The room and bathroom were well presented, warm and clean. The bed was firm and comfortable. Breakfast was good and hearty.
Yes the place needs some updating but that is clearly being addressed with work nearly complete on a brand new wooden staircase.
The staff were all friendly and helpful. There is great seating overlooking the pretty harbour.
The hotel offered good value for money and so long as you do not go expecting 5 star quality you will be pleasantly surprised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel sits on the Harbourside and we have a waterside seating area two restaurants Carvery on Sundays and two bars open from 8.30am until late. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your The Royal Britannia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Britannia Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Royal Britannia Ilfracombe, Devon