We had a lovely stay at the Elmfield. With a young baby, I'm becoming frustrated with how unwelcome I am made to feel when visiting anywhere, however at the Elmfield, they really are family friendly. I felt as though they were prepared to go above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The staff and owners seemed genuinely pleased to have us stay, even with a 5 month old in tow. The hotel itself is in a great location, a short walk from the seafront, shops and restaurants. It is also within a reasonable drive distance to other lovely seaside destinations and attractions. Whilst the room doesn't afford the latest power shower and there is no lift to get you to the top floor, our room was clean, nice décor and is a comfortable place to stay. I don't feel the owners sell themselves enough on their website. There are many little touches that make the Elmfield so attractive to visit again. We will definitely stay here in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lovely Victorian villa that combines contemporary style with a classic twist. The Elmfield offers the facilities of a luxury hotel, with the warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere of a friendly family home. There is a fully licensed bar, and games room, and the comfortable family lounge transforms into a cosy cinema in the evening. In the gardens is the pool house with heated swimming pool (Easter - October), and a summer house with terrace offering lovely views of the wilder valley. The grounds run down to a secret garden with fire pit and the soft sound of the stream as a relaxing backdrop. Available for whole house hire or individual room B&B basis. The Elmfield in Ilfracombe offers very competitive packages for exclusive use wedding weekends. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Elmfield Hotel Ilfracombe
- Elmfield Hotel Ilfracombe
- Elmfield Boutique Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Elmfield Ilfracombe, Devon