“Very good - much needed venue in the area”

Silverfjord Hotel Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 19 Restaurants in Kingussie
Cuisines: European, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Edinburgh
“Very good - much needed venue in the area”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Recommended by our B&B owner (which got us a 10% discount). We ate in the bar area in late November. It was fully booked for a cold Sunday night. The bar area has a modern, yet cosy feel. Menu was varied and we had duck and steak. Boyfriend's steak came the biggest onion rings ever seen and lots of chips too - portion was huge. The duck was very good also. We had soup and salad to start - no room left for dessert.

Menu varies weekly which is great for locals to use also for a night out.

Would recommend.

Dublin
“Great food, a hidden gem”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I ate here on 24th Nov with my husband, we hadn't booked and when we turned up the restaurant was closed but the bar was serving food. All the tables were reserved except for two so we did get a table and I can see why all of them were reserved on a Sunday night. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We had two starters, two main courses, two pints and two glasses of wine for£60. The food was delicious, it was worthy off higher price. I had duck for main and it was cooked to perfection, he had steak and it was mouth wateringly delicious.
The next time we return to Aviemore we will definitely come back to this restaurant. I cannot recommend it enough.

Surrey
“Stunning and amazing!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We attended a friends wedding over 3 days which meant we had the pleasure of the hospitality and food of the SilverFjord. The wedding breakfast as well as a drinks reception was held there over the 3 days. The food is truly outstanding. The service given by Claire and her team was again truly outstanding and personal. They just clearly care so much for their guests and want them to have the best time, which we did. Our lasting memory will be dancing in the bar to cheesy 80s music (I believe from Claire's iPod...lol) at 2 in the morning with the staff all dancing behind the bar and somehow still smiling. Thank you all for making the wedding one of the best I have ever been to.

Central Scotland
“SilverFjord---GOLD service!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Welcoming smiles from Joe and Claire on our arrival, I had my mobility scooter but it wasn't a problem for them, on leaving after dinner on Thursday I almost took a table with me causing great hilarity all round!! On the recommendation of Norrie at Arden House we booked here for dinner both Thursday and Saturday and were definitely pleased we had decided to do so. The service was was extremely friendly and efficient and the food SUPERB! On our first visit I had Beef and Chorizo burger which was a monumental sized delicious burger, my 'better half ' had scrumptious fish 'n' chips. On Saturday he had a fantastic fillet steak and I had their duck...mmmmm!...first time of tasting duck actually but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Because the restaurant was closed on Thursday we dined in the lounge bar and although the restaurant was open on Saturday we chose the lounge bar again for it's lovely atmosphere.
We WILL return!!!!

Visited October 2013
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
“An absolute gem of a place”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

On recommendation from Arden House B&B we went along and decided to sit in the bar for some food. We had the best food and service of our holiday - absolutely fantastic. Everyone should go!!

Visited October 2013