“Stunning and amazing!”

Cuisines: European, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We attended a friends wedding over 3 days which meant we had the pleasure of the hospitality and food of the SilverFjord. The wedding breakfast as well as a drinks reception was held there over the 3 days. The food is truly outstanding. The service given by Claire and her team was again truly outstanding and personal. They just clearly care so much for their guests and want them to have the best time, which we did. Our lasting memory will be dancing in the bar to cheesy 80s music (I believe from Claire's iPod...lol) at 2 in the morning with the staff all dancing behind the bar and somehow still smiling. Thank you all for making the wedding one of the best I have ever been to.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Welcoming smiles from Joe and Claire on our arrival, I had my mobility scooter but it wasn't a problem for them, on leaving after dinner on Thursday I almost took a table with me causing great hilarity all round!! On the recommendation of Norrie at Arden House we booked here for dinner both Thursday and Saturday and were definitely pleased we had decided to do so. The service was was extremely friendly and efficient and the food SUPERB! On our first visit I had Beef and Chorizo burger which was a monumental sized delicious burger, my 'better half ' had scrumptious fish 'n' chips. On Saturday he had a fantastic fillet steak and I had their duck...mmmmm!...first time of tasting duck actually but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Because the restaurant was closed on Thursday we dined in the lounge bar and although the restaurant was open on Saturday we chose the lounge bar again for it's lovely atmosphere.
We WILL return!!!!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

On recommendation from Arden House B&B we went along and decided to sit in the bar for some food. We had the best food and service of our holiday - absolutely fantastic. Everyone should go!!

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We are on holiday this week and we've eaten here three times this week. The menu is varied and all our food was cooked to perfection. The staff made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. So friendly. Our first meal was in the proper restaurant and our other meals were in the bar area. The standard didn't vary. Very high standard. Would absolutely recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had the venison and the Angus beef, both were some of the best meals we have ever had. Talked to a couple at the same B&B and they ate here 3 nights in a row, mentioning the duck and the curry were excellent. Prices were reasonable for the quality of food, actually would have expected to pay more once we saw the quality of the meal. I can't believe in this little town there are better rated restaurants. The service was very good and friendly, and very understanding to us 'foreigners'. There is a nice dining room seating area and we ate in a more casual type pub room with some locals that were just having drinks.