“SilverFjord---GOLD service!”

Cuisines: European, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Welcoming smiles from Joe and Claire on our arrival, I had my mobility scooter but it wasn't a problem for them, on leaving after dinner on Thursday I almost took a table with me causing great hilarity all round!! On the recommendation of Norrie at Arden House we booked here for dinner both Thursday and Saturday and were definitely pleased we had decided to do so. The service was was extremely friendly and efficient and the food SUPERB! On our first visit I had Beef and Chorizo burger which was a monumental sized delicious burger, my 'better half ' had scrumptious fish 'n' chips. On Saturday he had a fantastic fillet steak and I had their duck...mmmmm!...first time of tasting duck actually but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Because the restaurant was closed on Thursday we dined in the lounge bar and although the restaurant was open on Saturday we chose the lounge bar again for it's lovely atmosphere.
We WILL return!!!!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

On recommendation from Arden House B&B we went along and decided to sit in the bar for some food. We had the best food and service of our holiday - absolutely fantastic. Everyone should go!!

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We are on holiday this week and we've eaten here three times this week. The menu is varied and all our food was cooked to perfection. The staff made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. So friendly. Our first meal was in the proper restaurant and our other meals were in the bar area. The standard didn't vary. Very high standard. Would absolutely recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had the venison and the Angus beef, both were some of the best meals we have ever had. Talked to a couple at the same B&B and they ate here 3 nights in a row, mentioning the duck and the curry were excellent. Prices were reasonable for the quality of food, actually would have expected to pay more once we saw the quality of the meal. I can't believe in this little town there are better rated restaurants. The service was very good and friendly, and very understanding to us 'foreigners'. There is a nice dining room seating area and we ate in a more casual type pub room with some locals that were just having drinks.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have just enjoyed a week near Kingussie, and ate twice at the SilverFjord Hotel - both times were absolutely outstanding!!

The first time were ate in the bar area, which is pleasant and quirky with different types of tables. There were an array of drinks to choose from, including a couple of local ales from the Cairngorm Brewery - both very nice! Myself and my partner both had scallops as a starter - these were just AMAZING, and cooked to perfection! For mains I had the fish and chips, and my partner had venison, both tasty and extremely well presented.

On our second visit we ate in the restaurant - which has the same menu and price, as the scallops were so tasty on our previous visit, we couldn't resist again!I plumped for the venison for main, and my partner had the steak (cooked rare, and was just that - very nice!). As this was the last night of our holiday, we both decided to indulge with a dessert - again, both fab!!

The things that sets this apart from other hotels/restaurants in the area is the quality of the food, the ability of the chef, and the fab staff that they have employed. Both the waiter and waitress we dealt with were very extremely friendly, attentive, and would have done anything for you.

Prices were average I guess £60 for a two course meal including drinks - but you get good quality, restaurant style food for this!

Highly recommended to anyone that stays in or near Kingussie!!