“What a lovely place to stay!”
Review of Greystones B&B

and 1 more site!
Ranked #2 of 22 Kingussie B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had never stayed in a B&B with a shared bath before. Turns out we don't mind sharing. This house is nothing less than amazing. It's like stepping back in time. We were greeted by Ann and a big, friendly dog, Duc?. We walked down to the village for dinner and had a nice breakfast in the morning at Graystones. As avid watchers of British tv we were happily surprised to find a binder in the lounge with photos from the shooting of an episode of Monarch of the Glen at Graystones! If time had allowed we would have stayed longer and explored the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room you like, the doors were open to the available rooms and we were told to "Take a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
JMarkJ, Owner at Greystones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Mark & Anne

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights, clean and comfy beds, very nice bathrooms, hostess was lovely and accommodating! Their dog duke is friendly and you can bring your own dog too! Will definitely come again! Breakfast included a venison sausage and eggs from the chickens in the garden!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had a lovely time here, we stayed five days and we enjoyed the breakfast every morning which was 5 star with much variety. Fresh eggs from the chickens, one morning we even had venison sausages, the black pudding was amazing. We liked to relax in the guest living room, open fire, tea and coffee facilities and very comfortable. We had our husky with us whom is not the easiest dog to welcome into a home but she was catered for well. The hosts were very helpful, pleasant and interesting people with a lovely home, the rooms were clean, comfortable and traditional, the 4 poster bedrooms very nice. We would highly recommend this B&B if you like a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere in a quiet location but close enough to all the main areas. We were lucky to have a special offer on rates when we visited. We enjoyed visiting Aviemore and went for tea most nights at the old bridge inn - dog friendly - a little pricey for meals but well worth it. It was about 50 mins from Inverness and 1hr from Loch Ness. Around the area of the B and B there are nice walks, shops, Chinese takeaway although not recommended by us, the fish and chip shop Happy Haggis in Aviemore was very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JMarkJ, Owner at Greystones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Myself and 3 golf mad buddies have stayed here twice now and are coming up again this summer for more of the same fantastic,service, food, hospitality and relaxation that this highland hideaway has to offer.
The hosts, Anne and Mark, are first class and go to great lengths to ensure your stay is enjoyable and memorable and the the village as plenty to meets all expectations from good eating houses and pubs to takeaways.
The rooms and facilities are excellent, clean and comfortable. The resident lounge is well catered for with telly, fridge and log fire.
The gardens are well maintained and the views up the glen and the wildlife superb.
Fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: visit the web site and book early
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
JMarkJ, Manager at Greystones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stumbled across this B&B on Laterooms whilst working in the surrounding area and booked in with little idea of what I would be letting myself in for.
I couldn't have found a more fantastic place if I had tried! With its high ceilings and roaring log fire, this house is an absolute dream. I was even lucky enough to be given a room with a large four poster bed all to myself!
Ann (the owner) puts on a fantastic breakfast where you can look out into the wooded garden and spot numerous red squirrels, birds and the neighbours Pygmy goats. It was the perfect way to start the three days I was here.
I will be working in the area again into the new year and I'll definitely have this phone number at the top of my list! Unbelievable.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank KevinHumphries

Reviewed November 25, 2012

A very belated review of this B&B after our stay last September ('11), with Jacob the labrador. This absolutely exceeded my expectations on every count and the breakfasts were amazing. The house is beautiful, and clearly well loved - the sort of place you feel immediately at home in. A huge and very comfortable four poster bed, as well as the fabulous location meant a really restful few days. Wholeheartedly recommended - and we will be going back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JHumblebee
JMarkJ, Manager at Greystones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

What a gem of a B&B! Probably the best I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a few. Ann was very accomodating, even when I turned up with two dogs unexpectedly. I booked a single room and got a double four poster, which was very comfortable. Not ensuite (which is reflected in the price), but there were ample shared bathrooms to go around and I never had to wait. I felt more like a welcome guest than a paying customer, and Ann and Mark both went way beyond what I'd expect - it's obvious they enjoy their work. I chose the light breakfast option and got an amlost never-ending supply of cereal, fruit compote (which was scrummy), croissants and toast, which a choice of homemade bramble jelly (also delicious), marmalade, lemon curd, homemade raspberry jam and more...

The B&B is on the edge of the village in a very peaceful location (I'm a light sleeper so I really appreciated this), yet a very short walk into the village down the hill, so the perfect compromise for me. It's very handy for dog owners too - we loved being able to walk straight out from the house up to the woodlands next door.

To summarise, I would not hesitate to book again or recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the area. Very happy!!

Room Tip: They are all beautiful as far as I can make out... ;)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
JMarkJ, Owner at Greystones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingussie
Columba House Hotel
#1 of 22 in Kingussie
Sutherlands Guest House
Sutherlands Guest House
#3 of 22 in Kingussie

Been to Greystones B&B? Share your experiences!