“yum!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Award Winning Fish and Chips shop and Accommodation
Reviewed January 9, 2013

got to kingusie on new years day and this was (fortunately) the only place open, the food was made fresh and the batter was so light and crispy (not thick at all) was a nice surprice from a local chippy :)

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

For a fish and chip shop It was good and felt part of the town locals. They took our order in a timely manner, then we sat down and brought the food to our table.

Soup was nice, the cod was well cooked and chips nicely cut and fried. We had all the sauces readily available, tartar house, ketchup, etc. The breaded sausage was not the best but good enough to eat.

Overall it is a great place to stop by in your travels through Scotland.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This local shop offers just what it says with tasty food and smiling service, all at a very fair price. i have not used the accommodation.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We got fish suppers from here last October and they were excellent. Went back this year and the chips were various shades of burnt and reheats. I dont think we will be going back next year

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have just dined there and suggest the owner shows the staff a menu I ordered the fish high tea which according to the menu consists of fish, chips peas, a pot of tea, bread and butter plus ice cream. I got the fish, chips, peas and pot of tea but waited in vain for bread and butter. I pointed this out when my empty plate was collected and got an apology. I then waited expectantly for the ice cream which once more did not arrive. I then went up and got a receipt which had also been promised to be delivered to my table and complained and once more got an apology.
I am aware this is basically a fish and chip shop but if offering table service I suggest they get theiract together.
Food wise, chips and peas good but fish small and below average quality. Pot of tea good.