Glenshieling House Bed & Breakfast
$175
$170
$136
Travelocity
Bridge of Cally Hotel(Bridge of Cally)(Great Value!)
$76
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Ballathie House Hotel(Stanley)(Great Value!)
$93
$91
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
$111
  • Breakfast included
Ivybank Lodge(Blairgowrie)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsporridgeb bfantastic hostslovely propertybreakfast was delicioushigh standardperfect in every wayhome away from homewarm welcomea lovely place to staylovely couplefull scottish breakfastmany thankstop classliving roomthe ground floorcateran trail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Instead of B & B, we stayed at the Lodge in the grounds on a self catering basis.

The lodge location is good for self catering - it's on the outskirts of Blairgowrie within walking distance of the town amenities on a pleasant walk following the river. The town has all the amenities for self catering - Tesco grocery store, pubs / hotels for meals, and numerous take out restaurants and a local seasonal fruit stand (strawberries / raspberries) and cheese shop.

The Lodge is clean, comfortable and spacious with enough room for two couples or a family with a couple of kids. It has all the expected modern conveniences - central heating, fully equipped kitchen, clothes washer, TV etc. There are two bathrooms - one with toilet and bath upstairs, the other with toilet and shower downstairs. The shower is neither for the large nor claustrophobic but otherwise effective.

We found this to be a good base for day trips - for example, the castles at Scone and Glamis, Pitlochry fish ladder and the Queen's view at Loch Rannoch, Royal Deeside at Braemar, Balmoral and Ballater, and the funiculaire at Aviemore.

The owners are very pleasant and personable. They provide a demonstration of all the Lodge facilities and have an array of tourist brochures for the local area and recommendations for day trips, where to eat in town etc.

All in all, an excellent self catering facility located in the center of an interesting part of Scotland.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank frankmpls
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Beautiful location ideal for the highlands, Rosemary and Katherine are wonderful hosts and make you feel completely at home and offer great advice on the area. A lovely place to stay, i will be going back. Paul K.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Paul K
Reviewed February 10, 2012

On our roadtrip through GB, my boyfriend and I also stopped at this beautiful B&B "Glenshieling House". I booked everything in advance as I have Celiac Disease and some other intolerances like cows milk and eggs (etc) and so it is usually difficult for me to find a nice place which can also care for my food. However, this nice stay was perfect. Rosemary and Catherine welcomed us and showed us our room which was very very nice and the bathroom was ensuite which was just perfect. You can tell form the house house and the garden that they two love their place. The breakfast in the morning was just perfect! I had everything I needed and wanted and even could think of! :-) It's definately one of the best places to stay in Scotland! I think I will come back this summer with my Mom when we will be driving through Scotland! I can only recommend this place to everybody!!!
(It was August 2010)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jenny-Gei
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights with my sister whilst tracing some family roots. Rosemary and Catherine are superb hosts, great breakfasts, porridge to die for!!! They are both so helpful. Room was spacious, clean and lots of lovely touches. Could have stayed for weeks. Lovely setting and so close to lots of beautiful spots. Hope to make it back again one day!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Sue B
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This was my second visit to Glenshieling, and while ownership has changed, it is as lovely as ever. Rosemary and Catherine were welcoming and friendly hosts, and if we are ever in the area again, it would definitely stay there. The room was clean and comfortable, with huge windows that let in lovely light and the sweet songs of birds. The bathroom was ensuite and just the right size. Lighting in the room was excellent, and there was a hot pot, tea and biscuits provided. Breakfast was prepared by Catherine, and while she calls herself just the "cook" it was delicious. She does have the best porridge in Perthshire!

I have only one suggestion - it would be helpful to have wi-fi. I do a lot of Internet travel searching, and that was not available at Glenshieling.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple