See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2009

At Gilmore House you get much more than "just" B&B. The room was spacious and immaculately clean, as was the ensuite bathroom. The whole house is beautifully decorated -- it could be a destination in and of itself. There are two very nice lounges available to guests, and a lovely garden. Breakfast was always done to perfection, with an incredible array of choices. Jill goes out of her way to accommodate special requests. The house is within walking distance of restaurants and shops. We highly recommend it, and will stay there again whenever we're in central Scotland.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I took my parents (51 and 53) on a two week road trip through Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and England. I pre-booked at 10 different B&Bs and Gilmore House was the best by far. (My parents used to run a B&B agency which involved inspecting establishments and they couldn't praise Gilmore House highly enough.) The prices are excellent, but I would highly recommend splurging if it's a bit higher than you planned to spend - it's worth every penny. I chose this location based on the photos and information on their website, the fact that it's near Edinburgh (we spent the following day in the city but I didn't want to pay the prices found at locations right in the city), and I'm a fan of the TV show Gilmore Girls so I liked the name of the B&B! The beautiful interior, large rooms, convenient location, cleanliness, and impressive breakfast far exceeded our expectations. All of our B&Bs were in a similar price range and we were baffled that Jill's prices weren't higher as the service far surpassed the other places we stayed at. From what I can remember, breakfast offered a buffet with selection of juices, cereal, yogurt, cheeses, and breads (including pastries and banana bread). Her full English breakfast was delicious and my dad was pleased to finally have an opportunity to try black pudding. Two beautiful sitting rooms were available for us to use and my dad enjoyed lounging in one while reading one of the books about Scottish clans. The location was peaceful and quiet. Jill has two children but we weren't aware of their presence until we heard their voices in another part of the house when we came downstairs for breakfast. The garden is lovely - I believe they were awarded second place in a gardening contest in 2008. I cannot

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We had a one night stay at Gilmore House in Blairgowrie, Jill, the soft spoken hostess was very sweet and a wonderful cook. The breakfast room was large and bright. You could have the full Scottish breakfast (sorry--don't like blood pudding!!) or have fresh fruit, yogurt, pancakes, fresh squeezed juice etc. The other guests were from england. We had interesting conversations with them. You have your own private table so it is not necessary to mingle.
The location of the house is very central. You can go off to many towns, castles, botanic gardens in all different directions.

The room was spotless and decorated nicely. The front garden was pretty as well. We happily recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2009

I was visiting friends and stayed at Gilmore House. The accommodation was lovely, the owners very friendly and Gilmore House had a lovely atmosphere. I would definitely recommend Gilmore House to anyone visiting Blairgowrie.

Date of stay: May 2009