“Family weekend”
Review of Altamount Chalets

and 1 more site!
Altamount Chalets
Reviewed February 17, 2013

After reading the reviews we were a bit wary about our planned family celebration at Altamount . We were able to get into the chalets early and were happy with the cleanliness of the chalets . We had four chalets in total. 3x 3 bedroom and 1 x2 bedroom. The chalets are very dated and need to be modernised . The 3 bedroom chalets would not sleep 6 adults comfortably, the bunk room was tiny and not really suitable for an adult. . The 2 bedroom was very small and again not suitable for 4 adults . The twin beds were very small and barely slept one adult when pushed together.
The location was good for us all travelling too.
The weekend was full of fun and laughter , but would we visit again , no , would we recommend ,NO.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scottishtraveller96
There are newer reviews for Altamount Chalets

Reviewed February 17, 2013

When entering the chalet we immediately got a warm, comfortable feel. Heating was on for us coming.Chalet's living areas were spacious. A really good dining area. It was very clean throughout.Beds were very comfortable. We were up in the area to do some walks so benefited greatly having a drying cupboard for our shoes etc.Traffic from the nearby road can be heard but was not a problem for us. Chalets are located only 5 minutes walk into the village where there is a choice of supermarkets and places to eat in or takeaway . If you have a car its a great location to see some lovely parts of Scotland.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gawain
Reviewed January 22, 2013

,chalet clean and warm with everything you could need .had a great new year ,and will be back soon .I really wonder what some people expect from a holiday chalet at these rates.Staff and management all most helpful .Lighting on approach to chalet very good and well lit all way to door ,can,t see why someone needed a torch .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank leith56
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After reading the reviews we thought we awere taking a risk by booking the chalet. However, we were only staying 3 nights and decided to risk it.

I travelled with a friend and her 12yr son and I was with my 13yr old son, the purpose of the trip was a christmas / New Year break with the hpe of some skiing at Glenshee.

We took our own bedding just in case and were prepared to be cold.

On arrival the chalet was very clean, spacious, well equipped and well heated not at all cold.

We were very suprised and very happy with our choice, central location although I think any longer than a week you might be struggling mainly due to the location. Otherwise perfectly suitable and reasonably priced for a short break/long weekend would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a chalet further up the hill we were close to the main road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2012

After reading many reviews i was preparing for the worst. We had bought a groupon for a three night stay in a one bedroom chalet. We were slightly early but got 'checked in' straight away, we were given a map of the area and told where the chalets were. I think we stayed in number 10 and it had everything that we needed. A tesco is only a short drive and there is a few take aways in the town. The only thing i can fault is that it got very cold at night, there is heaters but since the chalets are wood they didnt keep the heat very long so pack some extra clothing. Hopefully be returning to these but in the summer time!

Room Tip: Pack extra clothes for the winter months
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lisay91
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Wouldn't keep animals in these chalets - ours was absolutely filthy, thick dust under beds and settee. You could have grown things between the cooker and the fridge. I was almost sick when I looked for an earring in between the cushions on the settee. When I reported our findings to the receptionist she reprimmanded the cleaners in front of us and promised the owners would be in touch. After 3 weeks I wrote to the hotel again and they eventually replied offering us half price on our next visit. I'm afraid I wouldn't go back to these chalets if you paid me.

They are also dull, VERY outdated and not very well equipped in the kitchen. I reccommend you stay well clear and spend your hard earned cash elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try the chalets in Heights of Achterneed, near Strathpeffer. These chalets are immaculate, in a bea...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kaninchen760
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We got a 3 night deal with Groupon so was not expecting too much.We opened the door and was very disappointed as kitchen was 70s and very very shabby bathroom was even worse gaping holes in the plaster work rusty and very stained bath,We had to look for a clean piece in the living room carpet very stained ,I am in the middle of dispute with the owner which is very hard to resolve as he is a very rude and arrogant man .I would not recomend this awful place to anyone My chalet no was 6 so stay clear of that one ,I have never in my life met anyone so rude who runs a business

Room Tip: Please stay clear of chalet 6 Also on a main road so very noisy
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family