“Mouth watering”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I've been to this reataurant a few times now and each time.. wowed with the food. The presentation of the dishes makes you think "wow i'm in for a special delight here" and then once you taste you are certainly not disappointed, the freshness of the colours and taste match perfectly. There is a lot of fish on the menu but also a few other choices for non fish lovers,the home made pizza my little girl had was also very tasty as i had to try!
The staff are very helpful and welcoming, not to pushy like some places.
I can't fault this place at all the only problem is this that the menu's are so nice it was hard to choose what i wanted so i took the chefs own personal recommendation.
I really cannot wait to go back it's such value for money.

1  Thank Fiona3366

Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife and I tried Little's on a Friday night and enjoyed it so much I booked to bring 4 overseas colleagues for dinner the following week. Both meals were superb with fresh ingredients, perfectly cooked and presented. This was reassuring as we discovered on the second visit that the chef, the eponymous Willie Little, was absent that night looking after his wet fish shop in Crieff, due a staff shortage. It is a tribute to his staff that they maintained the highest standards in his absence. The fact that he also owns a fresh fish shop, speaks volumes about his raw materials.

The little touches such as tender marinated squid and olives or fresh oysters while you select from the menu; local grouse in season and the friendly (if occasionally over-enthusiastic service from the maitre d' ) make this a winner for us.

The interior of the restaurant is plain bistro style. As has been commented elsewhere the lack of any soft fabric can lead to an echo at busier times as diners raise their voices above the background chatter; but this should not put you off. For non-locals the location of the restaurant may not be obvious but it lies right in the centre of town on the left just before the bridge across the river

Fortunately we live only about 10 miles from the restaurant and plan to go back again this week. In case you are wondering I don't know the chef although I have eaten in restaurants where he has worked previously without realising it.

There are several good restaurants and hotels in an around Blairgowrie which we dine in regularly. At present Little's is No. 1 by a considerable margin. My rating at a 4 is very high and is based on my personal "local restaurant score".

Reviewed June 19, 2011

The warm welcome at the door, the first class recommendation of wine and delicious fish dishes meant we had an excellent night! The atmosphere was added to by the fact there were various different groups all in a restaurant following memories and experiences that Willie Little had a provided in the past! Two french stalkers, local familes and those from a little bit further away as it is not too far to travel an hour to eat here. Excellent

Reviewed June 1, 2011

I have been to Willie Little restaurant 3x now, and everytime has been excellent. I love fish and I could not fault anything. Last visit we had oysters which were to die for. Yes it gets a bit noisy in there, but hey that's cos it's busy. Best of luck Willie, good you're back. PS Willie is my neighbour too!

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Willie Little is a well known chef and restaurateur in the Blairgowrie area and this is his latest venture, using local produce wherever possible. Excellent fish starters and main dishes but meat lovers certainly aren't neglected. The local asparagus for my starter couldn't be bettered. I had Red Deer for my my main course and it was succulent. Puddings aren't bad either! My companions know about wines and they were impressed by the quality and prices. Service was efficient and friendly. Toilets were spotless. Only slight negative is that it does lack ambience and can probably get quite noisy when busy. Unfortunately I am in Blairgowrie only occasionally nowadays but Little's is definitely on my to do list for my next visit.

2  Thank Jockdownsouth