Saturday 5th July 2014 at Kinloch House Hotel for lunch with friends who were successful Hoteliers and Caterers themselves, we being regular diners and they as first time visitors,
It took only minutes to realise we had again made the right choice as we relaxed in one of the three lounges for Gin and Tonics and to peruse the lunch menu and wine list. Two sizeable differences in the days menu and the wine list, one being limited, the other comprehensive, and yet both perfect in content.
The menu was just right with three or four starters, mains and puddings using local Dunkeld Smoked Salmon, beautiful Pate and my own choice of exceptional haddock Rissoto along with
blade of Beef, Corn Fed chicken and an excellent pan fried Hake. The sweet menu indicated to all a very good Pastry chef was here or in training and the Madelaines were perfect.
Not too many choices at lunch is preferable to huge menus covering the world of food.
Wine however is the exact opposite and their list was comprehensive including wine by the glass. half bottle and bottle and covering rightly a complete spectrum of choices for everyone.
One of our party who himself has many Wine Merchant Friends, one famous one who stayed across the road from Kinloch house, felt the wine list was one of the best he had seen and included several he had not seen on any wine list for years, a compliment itself.
Unobtrusive , knowledgeable service, wine decanted, presented and served with care, attention to detail, first class cooking at well below London and Aberdeen prices again makes the Kinloch a must for lunch and dinner for anyone looking for a quality and relaxed time in any weather
especially when recommended by the professional Hoteliers themselves!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of glorious Perthshire, famous for its stunningly beautiful countryside with lochs, rivers and trees, Kinloch House is the ideal base from which to explore the area while staying in a family-run Scottish country house providing a warm, welcoming and friendly environment. Dating from 1840 the charming house offers bedrooms and public rooms individually appointed with fine fabrics and furnishings and a stunning entrance hall with log fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Kinloch House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kinloch House Hotel Blairgowrie
- Kinloch Hotel Blairgowrie
- Kinloch House Blairgowrie, Scotland