“Impressive Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Blairgowrie
New York City, New York, USA
“Impressive Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Delightful setting, warm luxurious hotel. Great view of countryside and horses grazing. Food and service was five star. Paul went out of his way to make us feel welcome and to suggest places for us to visit that were still open in mid November. He also makes a great martini!

Room Tip: Room 2 has wonderful views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Came here with my partner on our anniversary and we had a great time. We had champagne and canapés in the lounge before dinner which was lovely and really gave us time to relax more. Dinner was amazing. The pigeon for starters and the guinea fowl for mains were cooked perfectly. After dinner we had coffee and petit fours back in the bar lounge which was a nice treat to the evening. The only fault I can give is that there was no partridge left for the main course which I would have ordered. Nevertheless we were the last to eat and the guinea fowl sure made up for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at Kinloch House recently as we had an event to attend in the area, what a beautiful country house hotel with log fires burning, just so relaxing and welcoming. Excellent service with fantastic food and a quality extensive wine list which was not too pricey. Only one negative for us was that there is no background music, you find yourself whispering, worrying not to make too much noise! We were lucky that one of the other guests was a wonderful pianist which helped hugely with the lack of atmosphere. I would suggest background music as a minimum with a resident pianist playing in the conservatory after dinner.

Room Tip: Not all en suites have a shower.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan_cooper
Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I had DBB here and I have to say this hotel sets the standard for country house hotels. Peaceful, beautiful views, excellent staff, elegant rooms - feels like you're at home not in a hotel.
The restaurant is excellent and the wine list extensive without the silly prices similar places charge.

Room Tip: If the budget allows try and get the suite - very nice place to be.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul F
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked this stay very last minute based on the good quality of two previous stays at R&C properties, one in England and one in France. I wasn’t disappointed with Kinloch House. Although not as grand as the properties south of the border or over in France it was very pleasant and suited the landscape quite well.

The Hotel is an old hunting lodge with all of the associated paraphernalia, stuffed animals etc – including a bear! There is a large drawing room and ante-room for relaxing by the numerous fire places with a wee dram and the paper. Dinner is excellent, with local game specialities and fairly reasonably priced. The wine is a bit punchy in truth and is more than I’d pay in London but it has had to travel a long way I guess.

We booked a standard room and it was more than big enough for the two of us. The room was in the main house overlooking the farmyard. We took a walk into the walled garden and the view from up there was great, you could see all the way to Kinloch.

Staff were fine, the usual Scottish mix of a majority of Eastern Euro’ workers and a smattering of locals! Haha. My wife is Polish so I think I’m allowed to comment on that. Good whisky selection that is also well priced. You could of course go to one of the many distilleries and BYO!

All in all, very quiet, very relaxing, an excellent way to escape London and reconnect with Scotland.

Room Tip: Standard Room in the main house was more than large enough IMHO
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruski_11
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay at this hotel as a gift! It is beautifully situated with a lovely gardens surrounding it.The staff were excellent and very helpful and knowledgeable on the surrounding area even though they were not locals.They were also very accommodating when my husband
struggled to find something on the menu and arranged for him to have a risotto instead and apparently it was the best risotto he's ever had! The food was of a very good standard piping hot and well presented,service on the first night in the restaurant could have been better but the second evening was excellent,my husband even asked if he could have risotto again....
At first I thought it was a bit strange to order your food from a menu in your room before going to the dining room,but it worked well and the food was lovely.
We had a nice big room,spotlessly clean but the bathroom was a little bit worrying...the bath surrounded on all sides by mirrors was not to my taste...but that says more about me than the bathroom !!!
All in all we had a lovely stay,good service,good food and even though some parts did look a bit dated it added to the atmosphere I would recommend Kinloch house.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Food, service, ambiance all excellent. Unfortunately due to the heat we needed our bedroom (which was at the rear of the property) window open and outside there was the noise of what sounded like a commercial fridge compressor stop/starting all night. I should of mentioned this whilst checking out, but on going to speak to the manager found an elegant lady whom was ages with my grandmother and did not want to upset her first thing in the morning.

Room Tip: Avoid room 8 when weather is warm. Front of house will get views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gissard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairgowrie
Ballathie House Hotel
#3 of 18 in Pitlochry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,771 reviews
Lands of Loyal Hotel
Knockendarroch Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Kinloch House? Share your experiences!