We used an itison voucher for our stay. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and clearly work very hard. We stayed in the Rose room which is lovely and old fashioned in its decor. The breakfast was fresh bad very tasty. We ate at the restaurant both nights and the food was delicious. The building itself is beautiful and the lounge area is really cosy. We had a lovely stay here and would definitely come back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Altamount House Hotel in Blairgowrie has reopened in March 2014 under new owners after extensive refurbishments. It is a family run business and we like to think that we can provide you with a "home from home" experience in one of Scotland's most magnificent Counties. The Georgian house was built as a private home in 1800, and although restored in some areas we have managed to maintain all of its Periodic Charm. Altamount House is set within 6 acres of beautifully peaceful gardens and mature woodlands in the heart of Perthshire and we welcome you from near or afar. Although the Hotel is only a 5 minute walk into the Blairgowrie town centre, it is very quiet and secluded in its grounds, which makes it a perfect venue for Weddings, Conferences or just a romantic break for 2!!! If you prefer a more action packed holiday Golf, Fishing, Shooting and Skiing are all on our doorstep. Rosemount and Lansdowne Championship Golf courses are just 1 mile away, with a further 40 courses within 10-30 minutes from us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Altamount House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altamount Hotel Blairgowrie
- Altamount House Hotel Blairgowrie, Scotland