“Total rest and relaxation = Blackloch”
Review of Blackloch Bothy

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blairgowrie
Blackloch Bothy
Ranked #8 of 15 Blairgowrie B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A big thank you to James and Anne for a wonderful stay at Blackloch. We stayed for 2 nights and wished we had booked longer! A really lovely self contained apartment with everything you could think of - and the little touches were all very much appreciated. If you're looking for some rest and relaxation I would totally recommend Blackloch to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Wow, what an amazing place. We arrived for a weekend of hill walking and were delighted with the delicious vegetarian suppers, the little extras such as homemade biscuits and the relaxing yoga which we couldn't resist! If you like good fresh food, peace and nature then you will love Blackloch. The only disappointment was we hadn't booked to stay a whole week!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Blackloch Bothy is a perfect escape in the heart of Perthshire. Nestled in the tranquil setting between Dunkeld and Blairgowrie, Blackloch is full of rustic charm and offers a relaxing break from the city. Breakfast each morning was divine, with freshly baked bread, homemade jam and fruit left on the doorstep by the lovely hosts, James and Anne. The coffee was first-rate and the bothy was stocked with other organic goodies. Blackloch also has a tennis court and a yoga studio for the sports-minded (also great location for walking and mountain biking). We totally fell in love with the place and will definitely be returning again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Black Loch is one of these rare places where beauty, peace and friendliness exudes. A real care has been taken and it shows in every detail from aesthetic decor to home made bread. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Dhachara
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Every thing about Blackloch Bothy is captivating: the serene setting and the tasteful, comfortable accommodation; the fresh food; the astute, sociable hosts; even the selection of reading material is marvelous. Leaving this wonderful place is one's single regret.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The rural location of this charming working farm challenged the GPS to find it, but it was more than worth the effort. Located a few miles from the pleasant village of Blairgowrie, Blackloch Bothy offers a relaxing stopover on the drive from Edinburgh to Inverness. James and Anne provide a lovely guest room including a tasty room-service breakfast. In additon, there is both a tennis court and a beautiful Yoga studio available for guests. Its location offers an excellent opportunity to visit the town of Perth as well as Blair Castle. This still left enough time for a delightful hike through the forest of the Hermitage.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I came to Blackloch Bothy for a week by myself in May and I loved every minute of it. From the warm welcome from Anne and James, to the delicious and varied breakfasts and the gloriously comfy bed! The Bothy is a beautiful hide-out, the interior design and layout is really lovely. The surroundings are beautiful, and although I didn't have a car I found plenty to amuse myself with. Loch Clunie is just a 15 minute walk away and I also signed up for a number of one-on-one yoga sessions with Anne. These were brilliant and I learnt a great deal about yoga and came away happy and relaxed. She has a wonderful studio to practise in and I was also able to use the studio by myself when it was free. Anne looked after me so kindly - I really didn't want to leave! I will definitely be back in the future, either alone or with my partner.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo