“A touch of serenity at the gateway to the Scottish Highlands”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blackloch Bothy

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blairgowrie
Blackloch Bothy
Ranked #9 of 20 Blairgowrie B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“A touch of serenity at the gateway to the Scottish Highlands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

The rural location of this charming working farm challenged the GPS to find it, but it was more than worth the effort. Located a few miles from the pleasant village of Blairgowrie, Blackloch Bothy offers a relaxing stopover on the drive from Edinburgh to Inverness. James and Anne provide a lovely guest room including a tasty room-service breakfast. In additon, there is both a tennis court and a beautiful Yoga studio available for guests. Its location offers an excellent opportunity to visit the town of Perth as well as Blair Castle. This still left enough time for a delightful hike through the forest of the Hermitage.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I came to Blackloch Bothy for a week by myself in May and I loved every minute of it. From the warm welcome from Anne and James, to the delicious and varied breakfasts and the gloriously comfy bed! The Bothy is a beautiful hide-out, the interior design and layout is really lovely. The surroundings are beautiful, and although I didn't have a car I found plenty to amuse myself with. Loch Clunie is just a 15 minute walk away and I also signed up for a number of one-on-one yoga sessions with Anne. These were brilliant and I learnt a great deal about yoga and came away happy and relaxed. She has a wonderful studio to practise in and I was also able to use the studio by myself when it was free. Anne looked after me so kindly - I really didn't want to leave! I will definitely be back in the future, either alone or with my partner.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RoxanneNewton
Kendal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

Myself and my partner spent a couple of days at Blackloch in January 2012 for my birthday. It was a real treat that went beyond my expectations. The tranquil surrounding and beautiful warm bothy made it a relaxing experience and of course with some personal yoga tuition which made it all the more spectacular. Anne is great at making you feel welcome, a home away from home and can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful time, the food, the accomodation, the location and the yoga were all great. I came home very relaxed and happy, a perfect break from a hectic life.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

We spent a few days over new year in the bothy and had a wonderful time. Anne was very welcoming and looked after us so well. LOved the very thoughtful little touches like the homemade jam, bread and scrambled eggs. I'm sure that we shall be back for another visit very soon.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Aberdeenshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have just returned from a 24 hour yoga retreat at Blackloch where my friend and I stayed in the lovely bothy opposite the house - I can't fault a thing! The Bothy can be booked independently of yoga and can be set up as either double or twin accommodation. It is a warm and spacious place with a bedroom area, a table for dining and a separate small kitchen and bathroom with shower. It is simply and tastefully decorated with lots of lovely touches like the latest edition of Vogue, homemade shortbread and lovely jams etc.
The yoga sessions take place in the 'rondel' at the top of Anne and James' unusual, contemporary home where you have a lovely view over the Loch and which boasts a real fire also. SUpper and brunch are served in the family kitchen/dining room and are always fresh and healthy in content. I'm hoping to attend Anne's planned workshop in Tuscany next year but I would definitely recommend Blackloch.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Thank you to Anne and James for a lovely weekend. We loved the bothy which was idyllic and the yoga was enlightening. The food was wonderful throughout - all fresh and home cooked (and home grown!). Anne and James were extremely welcoming and it was a fantastic escape from hectic life.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends