“Take away”

Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had a very good take away meal from sampan last week when I was in Blairgowrie on holiday . It was our last night there and I wish I had found this place at the start of my week there as I would have liked to have gone for a meal in the restaurant as it looked really nice.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked a table for 7.30 pre visit knowing it can be busy on a saturday night, we were given menu straight away in the nearly full dining room. We were busy chatting and catching up so we didn't really notice the fact we hadn't placed an order or recieved even drinks and this was at 8.00pm.
So we finally placed our order and our drinks we brought over promptly. Overall in the restaurant they seemed to be under staffed - tables waiting to order, tables just sitting with drinks and empty tables needing dirty dishes to be cleared.
We finally got our starters at 9.10 pm by this point we were very aware of all the tables recieving the same service, this was very evident when a table cheered and clapped on being served their meal.

Our mixed starters were very good, a lovely selection of starters with fresh salad.

Our main meals arrived shortly before ten o'clock - the dishes we were served were very good- we were all happy with our curries.

I have given a low grade for the atmosphere because everyone seemed quite tense due to the long waiting times.

The meal was very affordable - 2x shared starters, 3 x curries, 1x nann, 1 x serving of popadoms and a bottle of wine £55 - we were pleased with the price but we did feel they could have given free drinks or popadoms considering the wait. We felt the issue was caused by the number of take away orders the restaurant were recieving but surely the restaurant orders need to take priority?
I don't think i would go again based on the customer service. To have booked a table for 7.30 and leaving at 11 and that was just as we finished our meals due to the delay in service.

So overall great food at a great price but the service was very poor.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I use this restaurant when we go hillwalking, as a treat for on the way home, after a long day of walking in the Cairngorms. The food here is delicious.(Try King Prawn Palak)! Service, decor, and parking all great, and it's not expensive either. One of our favourite restaurants in Scotland.

1  Thank 1Magnus
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Booked a table and arrived to eat, friendly staff and great choice of food. Had poppadoms which was a mistake as after a starter, main curry and rice and a naan we where unable to finish everything. Next time we will not order poppadoms. Beer was good too. Highly recommend this place for a lovely evening.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

On arriving, unbooked, we were shown to a good table overlooking the river. The staff were attentive and discussed the meals willingly. We both chose not to have a starter and were wise to do so as the meals were of a good size, beautifully cooked and presented. My Tandoori Mixed Grill was the best that I have eaten. My wife was equally effusive about her Pakora and the excellent rice. I will visit again when in Blairgowrie or nearby.