“Great ..... again!”

Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: Cargills is a family run bistro sitting near the riverside in Blairgowrie. Serving coffees, home baking, snacks, meals and blackboard specials. Everything here is cooked to the highest standards using many fresh local products, offering good food and friendly service. Outdoor patio seating. Free car parking. Disabled access. Coffee's and snacks to go should you wish to enjoy the riverside seating. Takeaway and Outside catering also available.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Hadn't eaten here for a while, some menu changes since the last time just to make it trickier to choose but I got there in the end! The food was great ...... again and as always. Had two starters (the trout, salmon and prawn dish was perfect for a summer's evening) and stole a few chips and salad from my family at mains so that I would have space for the chocolate fondant and ice cream. Topped off with a nice chilled bottle of white wine it was the perfect end to a busy day.

1  Thank JaneBlairgowrie
LesleyMcDonald, Owner at Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for reviewing us again! We really appreciate your support and you taking the time to review. I'm pleased you enjoyed the menu changes, the Trio starter has proven to be a popular choice. I hope we can welcome you back again sometime.

There are newer reviews for Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The food is great, had a real problem deciding what to get but got there in the end. Staff friendly and the atmosphere is really nice. 10/10

1  Thank Stir_Anime_Fan

Thank you for taking the time to review. I'm really pleased you enjoyed Cargill's and hope we can welcome you back sometime.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Recently went for lunch here. The place is looking tired,the food is mediocre and the atmosphere isn't there. There are many other decent places to eat in Blairgowrie (including right next door) that I'm surprised this place is still around. A good scrub clean, new décor, better food and it can keep up with its competition. Until then I wouldn't bother going.

2  Thank Robbi2014
LesleyMcDonald, Owner at Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Cargill's is a family run restaurant in which we put our heart and soul.

Our restaurant is clean and fresh and the décor updated regularly (we constantly receive comments on how friendly and inviting our décor is).

Our menus are always under review and we are committed to the integrity of our produce and where we source.

I appreciate we cannot be to everyone's taste however much we wish we could. It does feel hurtful when comments are rude even when we are serving you. I honestly put your manner down to you feeling stressed, I was wrong.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have visited this establishment many times over the last few years and one thing never alters. QUALITY. Great Staff and a great atmostphere

1  Thank david7339

Thank you! Your review means a lot to us. We aim to be consistent and maintain high standards at all times for each of our guests. Thank you

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Fabulous food and excellent service. Cargills is always so relaxed, friendly and welcoming. Whether we are in for morning coffee or a family celebration the standard is consistently high.
Recommend highly and look forward to returning.

1  Thank Grace F

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoy Cargill's. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back soon.