“Don't miss this one”

Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cargills is a family run bistro sitting near the riverside in Blairgowrie. Serving coffees, home baking, snacks, meals and blackboard specials. Everything here is cooked to the highest standards using many fresh local products, offering good food and friendly service. Outdoor patio seating. Free car parking. Disabled access. Coffee's and snacks to go should you wish to enjoy the riverside seating. Takeaway and Outside catering also available.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited on our first day in Blairgowrie and really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the wide selection of choices. The manager was very helpful providing much useful information. The quality of the food was excellent and the service was very cordial.

CargillsBistro, Owner at Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted you enjoyed our friendly atmosphere, we have great staff who are all committed to offering great service and really enjoy what they do. Our menu is full of choice, we hope to have something for everyone. Hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Nice friendly staff , good food , good location next to the river and car parking. The only small thing I would have liked was draught beer but they have a large selection of bottled beers .

Thanks for your review. it is a shame we don't have space for draught beer but we do try to make up for it with our selection of beers.
I'm really pleased you enjoyed Cargill's and hope you visit again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a really good restaurant. Absolutely top quality food but without being pretentious and stuffy. 5 of us in a group arriving at about 3 pm looking for lunch (all pretty much choosing different things from the extensive menu) might not be the easiest customers to cope with, but no problem.
Made to feel really welcome, and left hoping that anyone needing to eat in Blairgowrie would find this particular restaurant.

Thank you for your review and thank you for finding us! Hope you come back soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went to Cargills while on holiday, had a fabulous meal. I had a seafood starter and my partner had mussels, the fillet steak was to die for. The service was great too. I will be back before the weeks out. We only booked at last minute, but would probadly recommend that you do at busy times. I am very fussy about where I eat as I like to cook at home, and I rarely have a meal out that is better than mine. Couldn't fault anything. Would give it 6* if I could.

1  Thank cazzie230567

Thank you, I'm delighted you enjoyed Cargill's. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and come back soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had lunch at Cargill's with our young children. The menu is varied which is great for fussy eaters like us. There were several choices for the children. The rice was a bit strange as was like Arborio risotto rice served up with other dishes. Other than that, the food was nice, it was a pleasant place to sit and the service was very good. We will definitely go again if in the area.

1  Thank 13HappyValley
CargillsBistro, Owner at Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted you enjoyed Cargill's and hope you will return.