“Great Venue for a Celebration”

Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: Cargills is a family run bistro sitting near the riverside in Blairgowrie. Serving coffees, home baking, snacks, meals and blackboard specials. Everything here is cooked to the highest standards using many fresh local products, offering good food and friendly service. Outdoor patio seating. Free car parking. Disabled access. Coffee's and snacks to go should you wish to enjoy the riverside seating. Takeaway and Outside catering also available.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Back in February I booked a table for 22 people for dinner to celebrate my parent's golden wedding anniversary in September. Nothing was too much trouble for the management and staff at Cargill's and they were extremely helpful when it came to chosing the menu, wines and making other arrangements for our party - special thanks to Gill for helping us implement our secret plans! My brother and I visited Blairgowrie in August to have a look at the restaurant and sample the food we were very confident that we had chosen the perfect venue (see my earlier review). However, the experience on the night far exceeded our already high expectations. All of our guests said the food was absolutely delicious - "best steak ever eaten" was the comment from one of our guests. The service was extremely good and the highly efficient staff did an amazing job coping with our party and their other customers in the restaurant. I really cannot praise Cargill's highly enough and I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant for every occasion!

1  Thank Blairlass
LesleyMcDonald, Owner at Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing Cargill's, I'm delighted you and your guests enjoyed such a very special occasion. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Good food and good service at this restaurant. Very good value and pleasant staff. Hubbie had fresh local mussels which were very juicy, followed by the chicken dish which was good too. Desserts were delicious too. My rump steak with peppercorn sauce was excellent!

Thank you, I'm really pleased you enjoyed Cargill's.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

nice venue with freshly cooked food-good value and lovely location.
Ideally situated in the town..friendly staff

Thank you for your review, I hope we can welcome you back sometime.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Cargills is an excellent restaurant - marvelous food, great service, good prices. We love going for dinner or for lunch. The soups are absolutely perfect and I have never had better sea bass. The chefs are creative but now showy or fussy. I highly recommend Cargills.

thank you so much for your recommendation, I'm delighted you enjoy Cargill's.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

food was cooked to prefection and great seafood and lots of very different things on the menu. One problem drinks menu had various gins however, only one available Gordens, staff very apologetic and assured us others would be on the menu next time

I'm delighted you enjoyed Cargill's and thank you for your comments. We will definately have all drinks on menu in stock.