“Yet another lovely lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dalmore Inn and Restaurant

Dalmore Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blairgowrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Yet another lovely lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

As usual, the standard at the Dalmore is outstanding. A ‘catch-up’ lunch with a neighbour was delightful, made more so by Rob’s helpful attention. My neighbour was delighted with her calves’ liver, and my lamb shank was amazing! It was so huge, that the ‘doggie-bag’, didn’t go to the dog (much to her annoyance), but was made into another lunch with the addition of garlic, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper, spring onions , a sprig of rosemary and the memories of a lovely meal! I’m taking my goddaughter and her daughter next week, on their flying visit from Essex. They love going there, too. Many thanks too, to Iain, David and Ewan. The Dalmore is lucky to have such talented chefs.

• Visited October 2013

Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant in the heart of Perthshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Decided to go out for a meal on the spur of the moment one Saturday night. Chose the Dalmore Inn and Restaurant as our single past visit was an overwhelmingly positive one. On this occasional the site was overwhelmingly busy and it was the last car space which was available to us in the sizeable car-park. Thankfully we had pre-booked a table which I would recommend particularly on weekend nights.

To start with the only negative of the night, we faced quite a wait of 50 minutes after we were seated before being served. Frankly though this is to be expected when the inn is having such a busy night. We received a complimentary bread roll to keep us ticking and the staff were very apologetic about the delay.

"Well worth waiting" for is the thought that popped to mind upon being served our meals. I myself had the Dalmore special beef burger while my girlfriend opted for the lamb shank. The burger came with a plethora of chips and a small dish of coleslaw while the lamb shank was accompanied by some goats cheese mash.

Both dishes were incredibly satisfying particularly the lamb which had a tender quality which I've found difficultly in replicating in house. The burger was so large I had to cast aside my caveman tendencies to grab it with both ands and instead approach it regally with knife and fork in tow. Both dishes were excellent and while my partner was not keen on the goat cheese mash, I can only presume it was her lack of taste and I greedily helped gobble up her leftovers which I thought were exquisite.

For pudding, I myself opted for the sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce while my lady friend had the Dalmore Ice Cream bonanza. While I can't speak for the ice-cream which my dinner date was unable to demolish, the toffee pudding was exquisite and the sauce was so delightful I wish I'd saved some chips to dunk in.

By this time it was getting late so we opted out of the coffees and teas route and picked up the bill which would have looked a bit healthier had my girl not opted for 2 glasses or rose win. Not that I complained as she was paying. All that was left now was to homewards so we could fall asleep, sated by the bellyful of luxurious food and a fine nights dining.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Perthshire, Scotland
“Over priced average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Service was great - Food was ok - ranging from average to good depending on what people had.
Home made oakcakes were superb, as was home made fudge, given out with coffee. Divine!
We were there at lunchtime, and it was really quiet, but still had to wait a bit for the food to arrive, and one of our party had to leave for another engagement, despite allowing what we thought was plenty of time.
I was very disappointed to find that the home made ice cream on the menu was not available as the ice cream maker was broken, but the substitute was the cheap supermarket Carte D'Or. For a restaurant of what we thought was high calibre, this poor man's substitute was really not good enough.
Also, the prices were over inflated for what we had.
10/10 for atmosphere and service from head waiter, though. He was a gem.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

lovely restaurant with really welcoming staff - remembered our coffee preferences when we returned a day or so later. Food was excellent quality - good variety and a relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
Vught, The Netherlands
“fine lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

on our way to the Royal Lochnagar Distilery we stopped over for a lunch at this restaurant. The waiter was very polite and gave us a nice table. He told us that he would try to help us quickly so that we didn't have to wait too long because two large groups arrived just before us.
We had a nice chicken dish and sticky toffee and lemon tart as dessert. The quality of the food was all right and well cooked.

• Visited September 2013