“Great place to stay with kids”
Review of Sandown Manor

Sandown Manor
Ranked #6 of 31 Sandown B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I don’t often travel with children but this time we had my friend’s nearly 4 year old daughter with us and Sandown Manor was a perfect place for our stay. She absolutely loved it there and thought we were staying at someone’s home rather than in the hotel.

There is a play room full of toys for kids to play with. There is ping pong table, tv, video games, board games etc and there is plenty of room outside for the kids to run around and play. There is also a trampoline, swing, slide and fenced off swimming pool. They have a pony, ducks, bunnies, cats etc for kids to pet. No wonder this place is popular with families with children!

There is a small fridge for guests to keep they food/drinks cold and they provide take away menus to order evening meals from and plates and cutlery to eat. We loved the honesty bar from where guests could purchase drinks and small snack from for reasonable price ;)

Our room was a bit small, I think it was called small family room, with bunk bed and double bed but it was adequate for the little time we spent there.

Owners were friendly and helpful, there is a bus stop close by for those travelling without a car and its located within walking distance away from Sandown. Breakfast was filling and there was lot to choose from but cooked breakfast took too long for my liking.

All in all we truly enjoyed our stay however, I most likely would not stay there if I was travelling alone or with adults only. But if I was to go back IOW with children I would most definitely stay again at Sandown Manor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank finn-chick
There are newer reviews for Sandown Manor

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Needed a dog friendly B&B on IoW and this was ideal. Five mins walk from the huge Sandown Beach that is dog friendly all year, easy access to the coastal path, and about a 15-20 min walk into town to eat at one of the many doggie friendly pubs.

Very welcoming staff who even took the time to get to know the dog and didn’t mind when she shed sand all over the room despite our best efforts to remove it! Our room had fab sea views and the farm/ decking area provided a lovely and peaceful setting to have a glass of wine after a hard days walking. Even had the unexpected bonus of hearing the zoo’s lions roar each evening at sun down – a bit scary f you were doing a 3am doggie wee run in the country lane by the B&B, but those with imaginations could imagine they were on deep safari!

Breakfast was both huge and well cooked and set up us nicely each day.

We’ll def be back.

1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my third stay at Sandown Manor but my first with the children with me. I cannot stress enough how lovely the owners are and how accomodating they are and how nothing is too much trouble! Breakfast was lovely as usual and the room was clean and welcoming. Spent time in the pool this year as great weather very happy stay for me and my family and we will be going back for more next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie2222_11
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at this wonderful B & B while at the Isle of Wight. The rooms were clean and comfortable and equipped with tea/coffee makings. The facilities were welcoming and the service was genuinely friendly. Morning tea or a glass of wine in the evening by the pool, overlooking the English channel was a nice treat. The location makes it easy to get to any part of the island on public transportation.

1  Thank ExplorerJazz100
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have just returned from another fantastic break at the Sandown Manor. Been in the pool (1st time!) and it was gorgeous. Everything was exactly as before, service, food etc. Looking forward to going back next year!

Room Tip: Get a seaview room, its worth it for the view alone.
1  Thank loulindy76
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here for 5 days whilst working on the Isle of Wight, you will be more than pleased with this place the staff are friendly, the rooms are clean, the food is superb!
I shall return on a social basis to this wonderful Hotel.
Thanks very much. Lee :-)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank leegee1
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Returned yesterday from a great fantastic minute weekend trip with my 2yr old son. Debbie was great in sorting out both my room booking and a ferry with only 24hrs to go! From the minute we walked into Sandown Manor we felt welcomed, comfortable and at home.

Our small Double Seaview room was compact, but certainly had enough room and was spotless and comfortable. The view was great over the sea too. Breakfast in the dining room overlooking the sea was a nice way to start the day and it was nice to have Mickey Mouse bowls, cups and kids cutlery so Harry could enjoy his sausage beans and toast.

In the evenings, the honesty bar was a great idea and shows how nice and trusting Debbie and Alain are as were the selection of toys and games in the lounge where Harry enjoyed playing and made a little friend on our first evening.

Some of Sandown Manor does need a little TLC, but I found that to be part of it's charm. I saw from the info folder that the building will be repainted this year, but being in such an exposed position a little bit of "weathering" is to be expected. I'd prefer to call the whole place "traditional" and very welcoming. It really felt like a home from home and provided more than I expected when I first booked.

I enjoyed myself greatly and most importantly so did Harry, who loved Rosie the Donkey, Poppy the cat and the baby ducks. Anyone with children who want comfortable, welcoming, home from home accomodation should definately consider Sandown Manor. I will certainly return and cannot commend Debbie and Alain enough on what they have to offer.

Thanks for a great weekend!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NeilAEssex
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandown
The Wight
#23 of 29 in Sandown
Luccombe Hall Hotel
Luccombe Hall Hotel
#7 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Sandown Manor? Share your experiences!