“Great atmosphere, Service and food”
Review of Yarbridge Inn

Yarbridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Sandown
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We our a cosy little Pub/Restaurant that serves good wholesome traditional pub grub. Local produce is key to our cooking and use it where ever possible. We cater for all kinds of dietary requirements so just ask one of our friendly members of staff who will advise on our options. Although it says in our description 'Vegan options' we do not offer as many choices as the heading would lead you to believe. It is something I have tried to change but in vain. We do our best to cater for all so if you are Vegan please say when booking and we can discuss with you our options or create something for you if given enough time. We do love your furry four legged friends but when booking it is important to mention it to us so we can seat you accordingly. Unfortunately we are very small so our toilets do not have baby change facilities and it would also be tricky to get a wheelchair in them. Apart from the toilets we are great for wheelchair access with tarmac car pack and no steps to negotiate on entering if sat in our top restaurant. Jane, Richard, Becky and the team look forward to serving you soon.
East Cowes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere, Service and food”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I decided to try the Yarbridge Inn for lunch one day with a friend, it was a lovely day but chilly. The young guy behind the bar was happy to see us, smiled and relaxed. Was a nice atmosphere, warm and it was full of people. There was a birthday lunch happening in part of the resturant and it was lovely. Felt comfortable, the guy behind the bar served our drinks to our table and gave us time to look over the menu. Very friendly and chatty. The food was exquisite, absoulety beatiful and tasted great.

Would be very happy to go there for any occasion .Best experience I've ever had and would recommed The Yarbridge Inn to all my friends and family. If you want a nice, relaxed, welcome environment where you can even take the whole family, business, nights out or lunch with friends, maybe just time on your own then Yarbridge Inn is the place to go.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mandzx
beckyfox, Manager at Yarbridge Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review, we are so glad you decided to choose us and enjoy it. We do hope to see you again. Thanks again.

“Made my birthday!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have come on here to write a review regarding my birthday meal with my husband and friends at the yarbridge last night. I was saddened to see a bad review because I have visited this place several times before and have found the owners / staff to be nothing but wonderful, friendly and welcoming. They have welcomed my dogs and I cannot fault the food. I had beef medallions which was outstanding. To have my birthday on the day it snowed meant this was the highlight of my day and I could not fault it. My husband, as always, had the mega mixed grill as did one of our friends and another had lamb shank. The chef even made me a cake without being asked or prompted. This pub is an absolute favourite of mine and I can only express my surprise at any negative comments. There is a reason why this place is ranked so highly! Thank you xx

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Jennifairy
beckyfox, Manager at Yarbridge Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hi Jen! What a lovely review and I'm so glad you were satisfied with the service you received. Unfortunately with the good will always come the odd bad one but its due to kind reviews like yours that help to out weigh these not so good ones. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday cake! :)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly run pub, amazing food!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

When I visited the Yarbridge with a few friends we were greeted by the lovely bar staff who made us feel very at home and showed us to our table, which had a nice lay out. We ordered are food, which was good value for money, the service was quick and the food was lovely. Will definately be returning soon.

1 Thank JemEllen7
beckyfox, Manager at Yarbridge Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for this kind review :)

Best wishes
“Can't find a pub then the yarbridge is the one for you!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This pub has got to be one of the best pubs I have visited on the island. I was greeted by a lovely bar lady who was happy to seat us and make us feel welcomed, I was takin my mother out for lunch and had heard good reviews on this place.
The pub has lovely character with a beautiful fire going to keep the place feel warm and welcoming.
After looking at the menu I went to the bar and placed my order- all staff were extremely polite and welcoming. Excellent service.
The food: where do I start? It was absolutely fantastic from presentation to taste. I could not fault it. I had a fillet steak rare which was cooked to perfection with all the trimmings whilst my mother had the duck in orange sauce. The duck was so tender and the sauce was bursting with all the right flavours.

Dessert: Eton mess - everyone's favourite! Again beautiful presentation and such excellent portion sizes- perfect.
The homemade apple crumble and custard was absolutely delicious!.

This pub has everything going for it, perfect atmosphere, food, and selection of drinks!
Customer service was spot on happy and polite- what everyone wants.

beckyfox, Manager at Yarbridge Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hi! I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal with us. It is due to word of mouth and such kind reviews that people are finding us, so it really does mean a lot to the Fox family :) We are always trying to come up with new delicious menu ideas so its lovely to see these efforts are paying off. Thank so much again.

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“No atmosphere”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Visited lunchtime greeted by young man who lacked any character and was totally uninterested in us or what he was doing. Having seen the reviews we were planning to eat here, there were only two other people in the pub. We decided not to stay.

Visited November 2012