“Yummy food”

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: WE ARE NOW open daily for the coming season
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was visiting Sandown beach and had a late lunch with my family and my 2 year old grandson. We were all peckish and had a bite to eat. Although we waited a fair while for the food, it was well worth it. Can't wait to go back and have another Bembridge crab baguette. Very delicious.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Sharon and I had lunch two days running at this amazing venue-great food,great position and very nice owners-well worth a try and if you do try the seafood salad or the crab cakes.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My visit to The Beach Shack has prompted my first ever trip advisor review. It is located away from most restaurants in Sandown along a rather unpromising looking stretch of esplanade, but it is worth the walk. It has a splendid location right on the beach and produces amazing food from what looks like an ice cream kiosk! It is licenced and has a good range of seafood and other dishes. We shared humus and olives. I had crab salad, my son had a filo prawn starter, daughter scampi with a special request of cheesy chips(!), husband monkfish salad. It was all polished off and followed by new forest ices. A great place for an evening drink and tapas style snacks too. Kids can go for a paddle between courses.

1  Thank Mrsmemesmith
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Crab sandwich and two sausage sandwiches for the kids, Pleasure to get great food at a beachside cafe. will be back.

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We came across this seafront establishment whilst on holiday and walking from Small Hope Beach to Sandown.

All we can say is it's made our holiday! I ordered Crabcakes, chips and salad and my husband had a crab filled baguette with salad. The children just had a cone of chips. We eat out a lot and normally when you order something with a salad it turns up with big round chunks of cucumber and the usual stuff. Not here, the salad alone was beautiful! Nettles and mint were among the varied ingredients and it really did taste as good as it looked. The freshly made Crabcakes were delicious and even had the kids sulking we'd only ordered them chips!

The menu is extensive and all dishes we saw coming out looked amazing, so much so we are going back for something different tomorrow!

All washed down with an ice cold glass of wine on a table on the beachfront. We honestly could have been abroad it was a beautiful setting.

The bill came to approx £30 for the meal and all the drinks for the 5 of us. Very reasonable prices considering a crab sandwich up the road was the same price as my delicious meal.

Staff were really friendly and as we left my husband spoke to the chef to give his thanks for a lovely meal, who was a lovely guy.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone and will definitely be back next year.

1  Thank Kimberley W