We stayed here in june and had the same problem with flooding that the people staying in july had encountered, the trouble is this place is basically set up on a marshland and it doesnt take a lot to of rain to make it very difficult to get around, i had to get a luggage trolley to get my 2 young children from the caravan to the car park, we couldnt even get the children to the so called play area , not without waders anyway.
This was not the only problem we encountered, our caravan door refused to lock, we did go to reception and report this but nothing was done which meant everytime we went out we had to take anything of value along with us, not ideal, we had also paid for linen and bedding before we came out but it wasnt in the caravan when we arrived, nor was it offered when we checked in at reception, so it meant another trek through the water back to reception to pick it up.
We felt abandoned here with all the problems with the flooding at no point were we ever asked if everything was ok, or did we need assistance, obviously they are used to the flooding we were not.
I have seen in previous reviews the words peaceful and perfectly situated mentioned im afraid this isnt the case at all on one side you have an estate and on the other side you have a skate park, the swearing and shouting from the skate park would start at 9am and continue until 9 pm, this place doesnt give a good representation of the island, i have been coming to the island for 25 years and there are far better parks around.
I will give a quick mention of the pub on the grounds, which i think is owned by the same people, the childrens play area was great, but the food was very average and im being kind by calling it that to be honest, again travel out of the park to find much better for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family run static caravan park, with 45 1, 2 or 3 bedroom caravans for up to 8 people. We are the closest park to both Sandown town and beach, only 5 minutes walk (400m). Sandown zoo (and Sandown pier in the opposite direction) are both only 15 minutes walk away, and you can hear the lions at night. Visit Fort holiday park on the Isle of Wight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Fort Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Holiday Park Hotel Sandown
- Fort Holiday Park Sandown, Isle Of Wight