“There is a bit of a theme going on here!”

The Garlic Farm Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Sandown
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Garlic Farm is all about garlic...We've been growing garlic on the Isle of Wight for over 30 years now and are the UK's largest specialist garlic grower. We are proud of our exceptional quality garlic which is renowned for its flavour, keeping quality and beauty. You only have to try our latest crop to see what we mean. We also travel the world to select the best possible garlic varieties to offer our customers. We sell our garlic through our farm shop, farmers' markets, our website and through specialist food retailers across the UK including farm shops and delicatessens. We welcome visitors to our farm shop and cafe on the Isle of Wight. Both have been constructed from Macrocarpa pine grown on the farm. All our garlic and farm-made products are also available on our website.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Island did not have her best hat on, in fact the weather could not have been more depressing, but as we were going to miss dinner a lunch stop was most in order. We have been here before in the Summer and the memory was a good one so sprinting from the car through driving rain into the barn, that is the shop/deli and restaurant, we had hopes!! Once inside 'Hope' delivered, I counted two wood burners, maxed up to toasty so immediately we unfastened the Helly Hansons and looked around. The shop area is beautiful and great baskets of offerings in the food line surround you, I hooked up a trug and gathered up some garlic bulbs so enormous and fragrant, swiftly followed by some garlic pesto made by the Garlic Farm. Within 5 minutes my trug was full, my husband, hungry and impatient to go into the restaurant dragged me away.
We made our way into the restaurant and were shown to a table for two by the window and close to a heat source, perfect. The menu is not huge but it is post Christmas and with the addition of a board with specials plenty to choose from. We opted for a very good soup of potatoes and leeks finished with some garlic infused oil and served with delcious bread. I had some bruschetta topped with garlic butter some very good Italian ham and rocket. Garlic headlining again, I had pigeon breast on some very good red cabbage, crispy potatoes and parsnips and some beautifully cooked but none the less boring sprouts. The sauce was delicious and did not overpower the bird. The man had man food, a robust beef and beer stew with garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted roots. I can't really comment on the wine as I only had one glass of some quite acceptable Shiraz but more of that another time. Service was delightful what more can I say, the restaurant was pretty full with families and couples but food arrived quickly without fuss or furore.
Hurrah for Island life as there outside the window nibbling at a nut was a RED squirrel, still going strong here, as their grey and vicious counterpart cannot make the sea crossing.and hold the smoking gun. In the Summer, daytime diners get a cabaret of peacocks as well, good stuff.
Well worth a visit, not only a dining experience, a retail therapy and also, all you ever need to know about garlic.

1  Thank Damesaute

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have eaten here several times and as we run a local B&B we have also sent guests there who have been similarly impressed. The Garlic farm itself is very interesting and there will always be something in the shop to take home!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Loved the home made soup! We only needed a lite bite but we found ourselves eyeing all the other lovely dishes that were being served around us. A place to visit again

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The amazing smell of roasted garlic greets you as you enter, and a large selection of garlic based mainly food items to taste and purchase. Entering the restaurant there is a welcoming log burner, If the weather is dry you can enjoy the peacocks and red squirrels feeding outside the large windows. Food is excellent and the pudding meza rounds it off beautifully. staff are pleasent and helpful and service is quick, we visit quite frequently and have yet to find anything to
complain about.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I went to thwart garlic farm with my grandma and we loved it my grandma lives on the island and she took me there as I'm a big fan of garlic I had the spaghetti Bolognese it was amazing and good value for money. There's also a information part taste testing and a farm walk we went on Thursday 8th November and the weather was stunning for November we had a lovely time. I would like to say the staff were some of the nicest people I have come across in a restaurant smiles on there faces and so polite my Grandma was very impressed that they looked like they really enjoyed there job it was a guy that was our waiter don't no his name but he was great but all the staff we fab will deffo go back next year when I vist her next year :) 12 out of 10 FAB PLACE :)