All reviews red squirrels shearings holiday free drinks shearings hotels self drive our waiter driver paul dining room isle of wight comedian singer buffet breakfast his knowledge an outdoor swimming pool main building excellent value for money weekend break half board
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms very dismal and in need of refurbishment. The food was very basic with a lack of the correct vegetable to accompany them, also very small portions. we had a room beneath the staff quarters and at times it was like living in a biscuit tin with people walking across your ceiling with what sounded like heavy boots. We wouldn't go back to the hotel again, in fact it was nice to get home for a rest.

Room tip: Rooms under the staff (350-352) are a definite no no
Date of stay: September 2019
gmbroadwaypark, General Manager at Bay Broadway Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us, I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room and that you did not get a relaxing stay. We would have been happy to offer you an alternative room if we had one available. Sorry that we did not fulfil your expectations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited for a long weekend and fell in love with Broadway Park Hotel. The building is a historic one with great features, big communal areas and generous sized bedrooms. The staff team are what make BPH so special...from Alex on a reception a total encapsulation of warm hearted welcome to Ange in housekeeping and hospitality such a super lady. Manager Claire. Tristan and Val in the restaurant who responded to requests with such grace. Wendy in housekeeping who we shared stories with and who was so kind to us. We will genuinely miss you all and look forward to visiting again. Great food choices we loved it!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
gmbroadwaypark, General Manager at Bay Broadway Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your positive review and 5 star rating. Delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and all the team looked after you so well, we all look forward to your return visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We recently returned from a 4 day Half Board Break. Reception Staff very efficient on arrival. Room clean and tidy with outdoor seating. Food really good. Neil was are waiter and he was helpful and friendly. We loved the evening entertainment and Nat who served us at the bar is an asset to the hotel as was the other evening barman. Lovely Hotel with beautiful gardens. Perfect base for exploring the Isle of Wight. Highly Recommend.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review of your second stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable break and thank you for your recommendation. We all look forward to your third visit !

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Broadway Park is an old Manor house that has been transformed into a hotel. The front of the hotel is impressive and boasts beautiful sunken gardens which were lovely to sit out in.
The bedrooms lack the grandure of the fascade but were clean and tidy. As we were part of a national holidays trip, breakfast and evening meal were provided. The buffet breakfast would have been more enjoyable had it not been for the incredibly rude staff member shouting at guests whilst she was trying to refill the food bays.
Overall the most pleasant member of staff was the cleaner who couldn't do enough for us and gave us extra tea and coffee each day. The restaurant staff were rushed off their feet and its clear that they are understaffed for large coach parties.
The hotel provides entertainment of an evening and has a nice bar area to enjoy a drink. It also boasts an outdoor swimming pool which looked clean and tidy but we didn't brave it in September .
The location is a good base to see the island as you're a short walk from sandown Station where you can get a train to Ryde and there are also bus routes to the rest of the island nearby.

1  Thank Holly W

Thank you for taking your time to post a review of your stay with us. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us and we all hope that you return in the future.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

This was the first time that we have been on a shearings coach tour and from the point you get picked up everything is so straight forward we arrived at the shearings coach park you were told to wait in the arrival area and loads coaches going on different tours so if you are not sure where your tour is going to depart from there plenty of helpful staff to guide you, then while you wait for your tour to get underway then enjoy a fresh brew at a very fair price I may add plenty of toilet available for everyone once on board let the fun begin we only got back today 6/9/19 so I writing this while fresh in my mind. The driver ( Ian) kept us informed and pointed out all the local historical information along the way to the ferry from Portsmouth we did a a stop on the services at Warwick for around 45 minutes outward this was down to the shear volume of traffic on route to Portsmouth but we managed to get a space on 16.00 sailing and once over to the Isle of Wight we got under way again ( Ian ) tried his best to make the last 10 miles as quick as he could but for such a small island you have got a bloody lot of traffic . We arrived at the hotel just after 5pm and the check-in was so very very quick and easy but finding you room was even more easy once in your room you may feel that it is a little tired and needs so TLC on the walls it does ( but do not let that spoil your holiday as it does not you are using the room the wash and sleep not invite Lloyd Grosman around to see who lives in a house like this ) would I have complained about no not really as it was doing the job I paid it to do let the restaurant has served me some great meals over the 4 nights and great breakfast in the morning and I can say that is the best coffee I have drunk in a restaurant in years it was great coffee.

What can I say about the trip on the steam train would I have gone on it if I had know what it was like it really was not my cuppa on that trip but it would be more fun for the steam buffs but the trip to Godhill in the afternoon was brilliant and I did love that place tea rooms and the model village which I did not see and nor did I try the walk up the hill to the famous church at the top there was 2 optional trips but I did not go I took my partner around Sandown on the Wednesday and I can say that it has changed big time then on the Thursday We went to Ryde on the island line train that is one train journey the boss said that she will never ever be doing again lol I did not tell here that the rolling stock was older than the combined age of the Rolling Stones along with the track (Network Rail service take the hint )

All I can say it was a great break in a great hotel in beautiful grounds and wonderful staff that really do make your holiday that much better

Thank you Shearings Holidays for a great trip and Thank you to sure a great driver IAN

2/9/19 - 6/09/19 IOW STEAM TRAIN BROADWAY PARK HOTEL SANDOWN

Room tip: You need to ask for rooms away from the swimming pool if you do not want to be disturbed by the early morning train
1  Thank ChrisE2258

thank you for posting a very detailed account of your holiday with us, so pleased to read you were happy with your overall stay and we all hope that you return in the future. Thank you.